298. Old Couple; Got Married?! (1)

“Old Zhou, don’t let anyone know about this, especially Jingxuan and my wife.”

Before going in, Ling Chenglong wiped his face with some strength, trying hard to erase his anger, while nagging Old Zhou behind. It was not that he was trying to hide it for the old lady, but he just didn’t want the whole family to feel sorry for him. Now their days were getting better and better, and his wife and sons were growing stronger and stronger. So it’d be better if they knew less about such sad things.

“But my lord, what if Master Xuan asks…”

On the first day they came, Old Song had stressed with them that their master was Ling Jingxuan. Although the old lord and others were also the masters, when several masters had conflicts, they had only one master—Ling Jingxuan.

“Don’t tell as long as no one asks.”

With his action freezing for a second, Ling Chenglong said that and then strode in. Watching his back, Old Zhou gave a helpless sigh. He was also a son, a husband and also a father, how would he not understand the old lord’s good intention?

Now, the whole family just woke up from the noon nap. When Ling Chenglong got in, Lady Wang was changing her coarse linen clothes and ready to go to the warehouse to help wash the wild fruit, and after the last three days, they would no longer make jam, so even if it was quite tiring these days, they still tried to hold in there, only wishing to have some good rest after it.

“Are you all right? You look pale.”

Inadvertently noticing her husband’s pale face, Lady Wang hurriedly moved over concernedly, with the right hand unconsciously feeling his forehead, for fear that he might get sick or what. Perhaps it was some habit formed during those poor days. Now, even if they no longer needed to worry about food or clothing, and their sons would give them some pocket money periodically, she still subconsciously thought that they couldn’t get ill, because illness was not something they poor people could afford to catch.

Dear readers,We have updated the next chapter on newnovel.org . Please continue reading on our NEWNOVEL.ORG >Thanks for supporting us
“I’m good, maybe I just got a little tired. I’ll feel well after taking some rest.”

Smiling while waving away his wife’s hand, Ling Chenglong walked past her toward the big wooden bed, then lay down without even taking off his clothes, which made Lady Wang worried more. Having been more than 20 years’ husband and wife, how could she not understand him? He would never have slept alone in his room when everyone else was busy out if he didn’t have something bothering him.

“Look at you, sleep without taking off your shoes? Now it gradually turns cold, you’d better tuck up, have a good rest if you are tired. The kids and I will take care of things at home.”

But Lady Wang also knew that it was for their good that he didn’t say anything, so she didn’t ask. She just walked over to help him take off his shoes and clothes, and then pulled the quilt to cover his body. He loved her dearly, vice versa.

“Jinhua, these years have been hard for you, I will never let others bully you and the children anymore.”

Holding his wife’s hand, Ling Chenglong had his eyes closed slightly wetted. The injury which he thought had been healed once again got cut open by those people, but countless times more painful. They were his family by blood!

“What are you talking about? Ours days are getting so well, who dare bully us? Long, don’t overthink things. Now Jingxuan is so capable, and Jinghan has almost recovered, even Jingpeng who always gives us a headache grows up now. And we have no worries. Now, I only wish that Shengrui could give our Jingxuan a decent title and Jinghan and Jingpeng could marry good wives and give birth to a bunch of grandsons and granddaughters. Then, even if I die, I can die peacefully.”

Kneeling down on the bed and holding his hand, Lady Wang was yearning for their future, the past is all over, now she only wanted a better future.

“Hmm, then we will help them take care of the children, so they can rest assured to go out to struggle.”

Pulling her into his arms, Ling Chenglong finally smoothed the pain in the heart a bit, now he only had his wife and children.

“Hmm.”

Lady Wang, who was in her late thirties, could not help blushing. Leaning against her husband, she nodded shyly. After having gone through the most difficult years, their relationship grew stronger and stronger.

“So they are so desperate wanting us to get married?”

Ling Jingxuan and Yan Shengrui who were worried about their dad accidentally heard their conversation. For the first time, Ling Jingxuan seriously thought about the marriage thing, they never said it before, so he thought they didn’t care, never expected that…perhaps only he thought the paper marriage certificate was useless.

“You only know it now? That’s also what I have been wishing for. Only you look like you don’t give it a sh*t. To be honest, is it possible you don’t like me at all? Why you act like you are not anxious at all? Our sons are nearly five. We haven’t even been engaged, let alone get married. Do you think it’s appropriate?”

Embracing him shamelessly, Yan Shengrui seized the opportunity to complain, in the eyes was all resentment. Although it was true he had promised that they’d only get married after he regained his memories, shouldn’t they at least get engaged before that? And then, they could live together rightfully.

“We haven’t been engaged?”

Ling Jingxuan turned to look at him surprisingly, he thought that their vow that time was like an engagement. So it didn’t count?

“Well…Jingxuan, you don’t even know that a formal engagement also needs to go to the yamen for registration?”