291. Horseplay; Anecdotes about Hiring Workers (2)

“I don’t know how they doing with their work, I will go take a look with Dalong later.”

After the meal, Han Fei was so excited that he didn’t even take a nap. He pulled Zhao Dalong to the wasteland directly. Others were also in high spirits, but it was too hot at noon, so they didn’t go with them, all planned to go after dinner.

“Jingxuan, there is something I want to tell you.”

Seeing that Ling Jingxuan was about to go take a nap with Yan Shengrui, Ling Chenglong who had hesitated for quite a while finally opened his mouth. Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng who were about to leave also stopped their steps. Their father was solid honest, but not that kind of indecisive person. So, needless to say, it should be something about the Old Ling family or the village.

“Dad, if it’s about the old Ling family or the village head, save it.”

Looking down to flatten his sleeves, Ling Jingxuan said casually.

“How do you know?”

Ling Chenglong reflectively looked at him, then found something wrong, and hurriedly said, “It’s not like that, Jingxuan, dad is speaking for them, it’s just that…your second uncle came to me today, saying that it’s slack season now and most villagers stay home and have nothing to do, and we happen to be short of hands, I am wondering, anyway, we will hire more people, why not them? Right, Jingxuan?”

When the village head came to him, he had also thought it over. Then he realized that it was only the villagers who had come to help and had nothing to do with old Ling family, so he promised him to ask about it.

Dear readers,We have updated the next chapter on newnovel.org . Please continue reading on our NEWNOVEL.ORG >Thanks for supporting us
“No, dad, your thinking may be right. We all belong to the same village, and it’s nothing that they said they would like to help us. But have you heard what those people said today, and seen the way they looked at us? What else but disdain? I don’t deny it that there should be some kind ones, after all, as farmers, how bad could they be? But under such circumstances, I won’t use them, so dad, say no more, if you feel baffled, I’ll let Old Zhou and Old Song to supervise the workers. You can go up the mountains to pick up wild fruit with Jingpeng.”

Ling Jingxuan denied his proposal directly. He could let go of things in the past. But look at their appearances like watching a drama. Some people even chatted loudly only afraid he couldn’t hear them. Under such conditions, he’d be nuts if he still decided to use them! Everything would be fine if they did their job well. If not, they may spread more rumors about him. Although he didn’t give it a sh*t about those rumors, it was better to have none, right? Besides, soon, Jinghan would take the examinations, so the less trouble the better.

“You are right, dad didn’t consider it thoroughly.”

After he said that, Ling Chenglong also found it reasonable, so he decisively gave up the previous idea. That was also his merits, he always humbly listened to his sons’ words, never acted on his own, therefore, whenever he became soft-hearted about those people, Ling Jingxuan did not show any intolerance or disgust.

“It’s not you didn’t consider it thoroughly, it’s just you are too kind, and that’s why they already try to look for a breakthrough on you.”

When he left this morning, he had expected that the village head would definitely go to his dad, after all, in their eyes, Ling Chenglong was the master of this family. And no one didn’t know Ling Chenglong was a soft-hearted person. So their success rate would be much higher if they worked on him. But what they didn’t expect was that although their dad was kind and soft-hearted, he cared about his wife and sons more and would never act on his own. If anyone of them objected, he wouldn’t say yes.

“Well, dad knows, and I will never promise them anything anymore.”

Ling Chenglong nodded woodenly, even Lady Wang on the side poked him with blame. Seeing that, Ling Jingxuan smiled. After exchanging an eye contact with his two younger brothers, he said helplessly, “How about this? Dad, mom, after all, you grew up in that village. Don’t we happen to be short of hands cooking food? See if you can find some honest woman in the village, it doesn’t matter even if they have bad names among the villagers, as long as you think they are good. Name a list and give it to Jingpeng, and let him go to the village head with the list. We can hire them to cook for us. Then you have an explanation to those people, and we could show them some face.”

Still having no heart to embarrass his dad, Ling Jingxuan made concession, just cooking some food, there should not be no problem with Sister-in-law Song there.

“Well, let’s do that, and let your mom do it. As a rough man, I don’t know which women are good and which are not.”

Ling Chenglong nodded happily, and though he wasn’t upset or what when his son dismissed his proposal, he was really happy if he could help someone who really needed help.

“Just like a fool!”

Lady Wang couldn’t help poking him in the waist with a finger again, but judging by the smile on her face, she agreed.

“Heehee…”

Ling Chenglong scratched his head with an embarrassed smile, Ling Jingxuan, his brothers and other people also could not help laughing. Their parents in such a good relationship, as their sons, they also felt happy for them, right?”

“The master and ma’am are really affectionate with each other.”

As others drove a carriage to send food to the workers, Liu Xiaosui who stayed to serve them covered her mouth and giggled, on the other side, Ling Yun pretended to be serious and pulled her, but seeing that the master’s family didn’t show any unpleasant appearance, and even laughed, her beautiful starry eyes were also stained with a smile. This family is so warm and harmonious, really good!