203. If You Wanna Kill Yourself, No One Will Stop You! (2)

“Ahem…Today is my daughter-in-law’s bad. For the sake that they are just some ignorant women, give them a chance. After going home, I will strictly discipline them and won’t let them show up before you so easily.”

Ling Qiyun made a few unnatural coughs. Under such circumstances, he had to lower his head to apologize. After Chenghu’s thing, he was really scared.

“What will you use to promise me? As the saying goes, don’t make the same mistake three times. Feel your heart and ask yourselves. How many times have they made a scene here? With the excuse that they are just some ignorant women and you want me to let it go? Isn’t it too easy? According to your theory, if I let a few women make a scene at your place now and then, will you also let it go saying that they are only some ignorant women?”

Not accepting it at all, Ling Jingxuan said using sarcasm. He had ever given them a chance, but they didn’t know to cherish it. Then don’t blame him now.

“Aren’t you a xiucai? How could there be such easy thing? They framed Jingxan and made a scene here, apparently holding some ill intention seeing that we got so many guests here today! Why should we let go of them? If it were you, will you spare those who try to frame you up?”

Giving them no chance to rebut, Yan Shengrui added those words which were no less harsher than Ling Jingxuan’s.

“Who framed him? Who’s making a scene at your place? If it hadn’t been that Ling Jingxuan poisoned my mother, I will never come even if you beg me!”

Before everyone could speak, Ling Xiaoying jumped out again. Everyone on spot couldn’t help feeling speechless, only wishing to stuff her mouth with something now. What is wrong with her? Got her head kicked by a donkey? Didn’t she see that they were trying to patch it up? Did she want to make it irremediable? Did she think the present Ling Jingxuan was still that pushover they could bully as they wanted like before?

“Shut up, Jingren, Jingyu, shut her mouth. See how I lesson her after going back!”

Ling Qicai yelled angrily. Ling Jingyu and the other two could only step forward on hearing that. They also felt mad in the heart. Before they went out this morning, they told them not to go out and wait for them to go back, but…

“Let me go, uh-uh…”

Ling Xiaoying who got caught struggled, but she was a woman after all, how could ever be the match of three men? Ling Jingyu and Ling Jingren held each of her arms and wrung it behind her back. The youngest Ling Jingxuan felt out the handkerchief out of her and stuffed it into her mouth, and the shrill suddenly disappeared.

From the beginning to the end, Yan Shengrui and Ling Jingxuan only watched aside coldly. They were not stupid. They were just doing it to show them. Do you really think they cannot see it?

“It all blames for my bad discipline. Sorry for the trouble. I hope you can spare them this time. If there’s next time, I promise I will stay out of it. You can do whatever you want to them.”

Biting his teeth, Ling Qiyun again lowered his gesture. He bent down to make a bow to make an apology. Ling Jingxuan have a snort, “I’d like to let go of them. But I just don’t know if the magistrate will let you go. As far as I know, I’m afraid Lady Wang has caught some kind of strongly contagious plague. What do you think Lord Magistrate will do if he knows?”

Whether it was plague, whether it was contagious, whether he had informed the magistrate, only heaven knows except him. Even if they might know some day in the future that he lied to them, before that, they’d stay in panic for some time.

“What?!”

Ling Qiyun was horrified and wide opened his eyes. Meanwhile, others all reflectively moved as far as they could away from Lady Jiang who had blisters all over her face, including her husband and sons. Lady Jiang only felt her heart was aching. She cried, “No, it’s not true! Doctor Zhou said it’s just chickenpox! It’d get better in a few days. Not plague! Dad, Chenghu, you got to believe me!”

At this moment, Lady Jiang finally said the doctor’s diagnosis, but her husband and sons were still wearing that scared and disgustful expression. A married woman ended up like this. Is there anything sadder? Especially in an era where men were like heaven. Lady Jiang now finally knew how far she had gone. Pity that it was already too late.

“She…she really got the plague? Is there a cure?”

Ling Qicai who was the first to react subconsciously turned to look at Ling Jingxuan, they all knew that he had some medical skills, and pretty good.

“Never mind, if you don’t believe it. Anyhow, I have sent someone go to the town to inform the magistrate. Not long ago, a plague just broke out in Datong town. It’s not impossible that it’d break out again. Originally, for the sake that we were ever related before, as long as they said some nice words, I might have saved her. But now…Hum! I am not kind enough to return good for evil. So, fend for yourself. As far as I know, anyone who has physical contact with the plague sufferer will be quarantined. And, he might have the possibility to get infected. As for what would happen at last, I guess you don’t need me to tell you, right?”

Ling Jingxuan twitched his mouth, with undisguised sarcasm under his eyes. He’d save her only if he got a tumor in the head. Anyway, she wouldn’t die but only keep growing blisters, gradually her closest family would stay away from her, her husband abandoned her, her sons left her, making her feel like living in hell. As for Ling Xiaoying, didn’t she insist that he had poisoned her mother? Then he’d let her feel how her mother felt! Today she’d definitely get shut in the room after going home. It was impossible that she’d take a bath. After a few days when the poison attacked her in bed, she’d totally feel how Lady Jiang felt. By then, see how she said it was he who poisoned her, since so many people could prove that he had never had the chance to contact her at all. How would he have poisoned her then?

Don’t blame him for being too cruel, they forced him to do so. If he didn’t solve her one for all, their home would never stay quiet.

“You… you hate us so much?”

The old man staggered. If it hadn’t been that Ling Jinghong was quick enough to support him, he should have already collapsed onto the ground. Now, he was like a defeated rooster, already losing the pride as a xiucai.

“Hate you? You think you deserve it? I told you, as long as you don’t provoke me, I won’t ask trouble for myself. You only have yourself to blame for today’s thing. It has nothing to do with me.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan proudly turned around, his purpose had been achieved, the result was enough to push them to hell.

“You also had contact with her. Aren’t you afraid that the magistrate will also quarantine you?”

Behind, Ling Qicai’s trembling voice slowly sounded. Ling Jingxuan stopped his steps, and said without turning back, “Didn’t you hear me clearly? Since I have the prescription, of course I have taken precautions. As for you, I guess I don’t have the obligations to save you, right?”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan and Yan Shengrui took a look at each other, and then left, with the sound of heavy objects falling to the ground behind. But they no longer turned back again. They were not bad people, but also definitely not absolute good people. Others even climbed over their heads to poop, they had no reason not to fight back.

“You stupid woman!”

After a long time, Ling Chenghu mercilessly knocked Lady Jiang over with a kick, with a turn, threw two slaps in his daughter’s face. They all got involved into this because of what they did today!

“Ling Qiyun, take them back and lock them up. Do you want our whole village to catch the plague?”

The old patriarch, leaning on a cane, roared from a distance. He was afraid, too, that if it were the plague… the whole Ling village would be over!

“I… Alas, what are you waiting for? Take them back!”

When had Ling Qiyun ever taken this? He was so mad that he even didn’t want to see anyone from his third son’s family. After saying that, he asked Ling Jinghong to support him to leave. He got to go back to figure out how to deal with people from the yamen.

Before long, the noisy clearing gradually quieted down, the crowd completely dispersed. This time, the old Ling family would be in a total mess. After this scene, no one would have the balls to make a scene again!