223. Snatch a Little Leisure from a Busy Life (2)

“Hehe…dad, since my brother-in-law already makes a toast, you drink it, the kids are all watching.”

Wang Jinyu on one side also spoke for Ling Chenglong. She had planned to go home after staying for a few days. But her elder sister’s family said to grow late rice and needed hands, so she and her sons also took the opportunity to stay.

“You! It’s not that I am blaming you. You behave like a woman, even Jingxuan and others would be influenced. If the seeds for eighty mu of land go for nothing, who wouldn’t feel sad? Jingxuan who supplies you full support would be more anxious. Nagging all day, aren’t you giving him more pressure?”

The old man took over the cup of wine and sighed helplessly. He was not mad, why would he scold others for nothing?

“Dad, you are right. I’ll keep it in mind.”

Taking a look at his big son, Ling Chenglong repeatedly nodded to admit his mistake, while Ling Jingxuan on one side felt stunned. He had never been worried about it, OK?

Well, whatever they thought, he didn’t want to correct it. With his split vision sweeping over Wang Yun who was staring at Ling Jinghan affectionately, like she was only afraid others didn’t know she had feelings for him, Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help frowning. He had to figure out a way to send her away. Otherwise, in the future, it’d hurt the two families’ harmony.

“Uncle Ling, can my father and I go to see you transplanting that day?”

Chu Yan, who was sitting together with them, suddenly asked while looking at Ling Jingxuan, also unavoidably looking at Yan Shengrui who was sitting next to him. After staying together for some time, he was no longer that afraid of him. But he just hadn’t found a more suitable way to get along with him.

“Of course. In fact, I personally think that it is better to travel ten thousand li than to read ten thousand books. You may not gain much knowledge if you only stay in your room reading all day long. Some experience needs to be accumulated by your own doing. Yan’er, if you are interested, you can also do it together with us.”

No matter what his identity is, which road he would take in the future, it is always right to accumulate more experience in all aspects. The kingdom is based on its people, while the people are based on farming. It is necessary for a scholar to know some knowledge of farming, especially for those who are ready to take the imperial examination.

“Hmm, I also think so, thank you, uncle Ling.”

Chu Yan nodded contentedly, he liked Ling Jingxuan very much, not only because he would become his imperial sister-in-law, but more because that some strange ideas could often come out of his mouth, which often made him feel enlightened.

“Daddy, I want it too. I want to go to the field with Brother Yan.”

Unwilling to be left behind, the small bun looked back at them and then them with expectations, hand raised. And Ling Wen on one side already couldn’t wait, “Daddy, count me. Daddy, you said only reading books is never enough. We should learn to use the knowledge we learn into our daily life. So I would like to verify if what you taught me is right or not.”

Pretending to look mature, Ling Wen wore a serious face, which amused everyone, including Ling Jingxuan.

“All right, all right, you’ll all go, OK? Mr. Chu, you wouldn’t mind, would you?”

“No, I’d also like to see if your late rice planting would be successful.”

Chu Ci nodded. In fact, as early as when he heard that he was going to grow late rice, he began to pay attention to this matter. If it became successful, whether to the kingdom or its people, it would be undoubtedly a huge thing. Although three years ago, when he woke up from a nightmare, he had decisively given up his own identity, and left with Yan’er from their family and the court, his former identity was still out there. So, when meeting such a thing beneficial to all people, he still couldn’t help paying extra attention.

“Hehe…it’s decided then. Oh right, Song, tomorrow, you go to town to ask Guarantor Liu to find me thirty workers, better be those of last time. We are already late of the planting, so I think if we can plant them all in one day.”

Without modern machines’ assistance, in order to fight for time, he could only work on the number of hands.

“Yes, Master Xuan.”

Song Gengniu, who had finished his food and served aside, said respectively. The diner lasted quite a while. When it turned dark, the whole family gathered together in the yard to enjoy the cool. Because of some reason, Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng hid in the room and didn’t come out. Seeing the unhinged Wang Yunya, Ling Jingxuan threw Yan Shengrui an eye, and then quietly edged closer to those women who were doing some embroidery work.

“Aunt, your craft is so good, why not do some handbags or what, as long as the style is unique, it should be more profitable than embroidery work, and this is also where your hobby is, isn’t it?”

Naturally taking the handkerchief that Wang Jinyu was embroidering, Ling Jingxuan looked over and over. He really didn’t understand woman’s stuff like this, but if he could design a few fashionable handbags, it should not be a problem.

“I nearly forgot if you don’t say it. Jingxuan, I was about to ask you. I heard that the kids bags with the piggy picture was designed by you. I have checked it. I think we could sell it at a good price in town. So I was wondering if I could ask you for the pattern and do some.”

As early as the second day after coming here, Wang Jinyu saw the piglet bag on the back of the little boys, the three-dimensional and lovely design was very funny, different colors showed different expressions, much better than those traditional single-shoulder bags, she had been thinking about it, today finally caught the opportunity to pick it up.