Young And Menace

Começar do início

Harper pulled them away from the group, her expression was shaken as she held his hand, standing in the shadows of the stairwell.

"What happened?" She whispered, her eyes were big as she studied him. Her stuttering breathing matching his own while trying to calm his anxieties.

"Nightmare," he muttered, resting his forehead against hers, staring into the calm brown orbs that shimmered with molten gold throughout. Unlike the eyes he'd seen—black, lifeless—he flinched slightly as the image crossed his mind, his breathing shaking. Harper flinching as well, taking a sharp intact of air.

"It's alright, love," Harper's fingers found the nape of his neck, gently rubbing circles into his skin until his breathing evened.

"Yeah...yeah," he whispered, his voice still shaken.

"I leave you alone for five hours and you're a wreck," Harper snickered, the sound making his heart come back to life. "What am I going to do with you, Weasley?"

"Suppose that means we really can't leave the hideaway then," he spoke low, resting his hands on her hips, pulling her close. "I told you so."

"I suppose you're right," Harper blushed, moving away, they followed the group as George thought over his nightmare. There was no way it wasn't a warning of some sort, the hairs on the back of his neck made him absentmindedly pull Harper close to him when they sat for breakfast.

"Was it really bad?" Harper asked, slowly walking around the Black Lake sometime later.

"I'd woken up in our room, you were gone and there was a figure over in the small library area," he cleared his throat. "They said a hellish path awaits....erm...to eternity?"

Harper pulled them to a stop, she smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his torso and pressing her nose into the crook of his neck.

"The uncertainty of the future can be worrying, but we have each other," Harper paused, interlacing her fingers along his back and giving him a squeeze. "Subconsciously, the future scares us all....we'll get through it."

George quirked an eyebrow at Harper, the immediate response he wanted to give was to tease her about the rarity of her optimism, but instead he pressed his lips into her hair and enjoyed the moment.

"I love you," he muttered, the wind picking up around them.

"I was going to visit Sybill...but then we could go to our spot?" Harper offered, pulling her lower lip between her teeth as she met his gaze, her hands slipping under his jumper.

"I'd love nothing more," George smirked, his heart going crazy against his ribs.

*****

School continued to drag along, Harper was now counting down the days until they were done and gone. Umbridge had continued her warpath through the school, attempting to make Harper's life as difficult as possible during Defense whenever the chance arose. Harper toeing the line between getting detention and remaining out of trouble, still refusing to do the assigned readings during class, instead pretending to write lines but working on random products she wanted to show the twins for the shop.

"You'd think I'd get detention for not doing lines," Harper whispered lowly to Lee one day when they were leaving class.

Gryffindor had barely any house points left to deduct, but neither did Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff thanks to the efforts of the Inquisitorial Squad. Harper began looking through the books in the small alcove area of the hideaway, realizing that some of the books in that room had been part of the Hogwarts library at some point in time, but now removed from the public eye. She was slowly learning why some of these books were hidden away the more time she spent in the hideaway.