53: Finally Her First Choice

Start from the beginning

"Fuck. You need help, Donghyuck."

His eyes widened as soon as he realized she had misunderstood his intention. "I don't mean it that way! I'm suggesting that you sleep here, in my room. Beside me. That's all!"

Jihyuck's brows wiggled. "How can I trust you?"

"Do you not?"

Her silence only meant one thing—she trusted him. She knew he wasn't going to harm her in any way.

Her eyes bored into his brown ones with hesitance. "But you have a single bed."

He rolled his shoulders casually. "So is Jaemin's."

As soon as she took a step forward toward him, she knew that she wasn't the old Jihyuck anymore. Because the old Jihyuck would never trust Donghyuck, let alone voluntarily chose to sleep in his room, on his bed, with him beside her.

He failed to hide the small smile on his lips. "You sleep on that side."

"Why?" she looked at him innocently.

He pulled his comforter. "Get in."

She slid her legs inside and placed her head on one of his pillows.

As if it was nothing peculiar to him, he pulled the comforter up until it covered her abdomen. "You're going to fall if you sleep on this side."

She scowled. "I barely move when I'm asleep."

"Oh, please don't drool on my pillow."

Jihyuck snapped her head to the side. Her gaze burned into his beautiful melanin skin. "I don't drool, Donghyuck."

"I don't know. It's hard to believe," he said. He hadn't made fun of her in so long that it sent him on cloud nine to see her becoming upset again. He found it adorable.

"I'm getting mad," she told.

"I can see that."

"It's better if I sleep with Jaemin."

His head spun fast, facing Jihyuck who was also facing him. His heart skipped a beat when he could feel her breath fanning his face. The proximity was making him lose every last bit of his sanity. They were too close.

"Oh, wait," she mumbled. Her eyes roamed freely around his face, unintentionally causing the boy's cheeks to burn. "You have a lot of moles. I only notice it now."

Under the comforter, his body was tensed. How could she be so calm when they were this close? How could she point that out and stared at his face openly?

"Donghyuck, are you hot?" she questioned, discerning his red cheeks.

"Huh?" he was flustered.

"Your cheeks are red. Are you hot—"

Without warning, he yanked the blanket and trapped her under it.

The girl started kicking the material, trying to escape.

"What the actual fuck, Donghyuck?!" she wriggled uncontrollably under the comforter. "Let me out!"