"I've missed annoying you. I've missed the little fights we usually have. Honestly, growing up sucks."

"Abi (right)? Me too."

"Is there anything I can help with?" She looked at my books near the headboard.

I sat up, bringing the books closer to myself. "Em...Further Maths. We treated Vectors today and I didn't grab (understand)."

"Oh, mummy said I should tell you she won't be back as planned earlier so it's going to be just us again."

"Chai (Goodness)."

"And daddy called few minutes before you got back, he wanted to speak with you. Also, Koby asked me to greet you."

"Why are you just telling me?"

"Actually, I was going to tell you earlier but our beautiful banter distracted me." She had the guts to grin.

"You're not serious."

"And you're the one to talk?" She laughed mockingly then paused as if realizing something. "You see what I'm talking about?"

Yup, we started our banter again.

"Yes, I see."

"So, Kaira, tell me about that Nathan boy."

"What Nathan boy?"

"The new hottie in your class." She said in a duh tone.

"What should I say about him? He's new so there isn't much to say." I scratched my head.

"Whatever just say something. Anything. Describe him."

"I'll tell you so that you'll stop disturbing me. Well...he's quite a tall guy with smooth brown skin. He likes sports and overall, he seems to be the cool type. He's my seatmate."

She smirked. "Hm, I see. No derisive remark here."

"Why should it be derisive?"

"Pardon me, Kaira but when you were describing Daniel to me you weren't this nice."

"That's because he accidentally spilled Pepsi on my shirt and I had to wear my sweater even when it was a boiling 100 degrees hot that day." My voice came out high pitched in defense.

"Yikes, I remember. A very bad first impression."

"Yes, Kossi. Yes."

"You didn't tell me about the meeting with Nathan in the hallway though."

Amara just had to tell her the embarrassing part of the story, didn't she?

"Just how much did Amara tell you anyway?"

"Precisely every word you told her, my dear." A teasing smile spread across her face.

"Is she my best friend or yours?"

"Yours of course. And she's doing about what every best friend should-report every situation."

"Hell no." I shook my head.

"Hell yes, baby."

"Ugh, I hate you."

"I love you-ew."

"Ew yourself and walk out of my room now." I wanted to frown but my face ended up cracking into a smile.

"Okay, okay. Only because I want to make dinner."

"Bye bye for heaven's sake."

"Ta ta for now, sweetie!" She got up, blew me a kiss and walked out of my room.

I had a long exhale when Kossi left. She can be quite a handful sometimes. I still can't help missing her when she isn't around though.

_

"Bless us oh Lord and this gift which we are about to receive from your bounty through Christ our Lord." Kossi prayed over the food as we both had our eyes closed.

"Amen."

"Amen."

Hurriedly, I stretched out my hand towards the pot where the food hae been placed. It smelled like fried rice. God, let it be fried rice. Just when I was about uncovering the pot, Kossi held my hand. I shot her a glare. "Now what?"

"Let the older one do that."

"Let the older one do that." I mimicked her in a shrieky voice and rolled my eyes.

"Hayce , what's with the attitude?"

"I don't know...I'm hungry!"

"Then calm down. I'll dish out the food so just sit back and wait."

I sighed and leaned back into the dining chair. Without our parents and brother here the dining room felt desolate. If it were the usual, Dad would be at the head of the dining smiling dearly at my mother as she dished out our food. Koby, my immediate elder brother, would be using his phone probably chatting with one of his million friends. Same with Kossi. While I would sit back and watch everything with a smile. Then mom would ask me about how school went then Koby. Kossi would be asked how work had been.

Now with everyone busy with their lives, it's just us-Kossi and I.

How much I miss them.

"What is it?" Kossi, pulled back a braid of her hair extensions which nearly made its way into the plate.

"Mm?"

"You're awfully quiet, why is that?"

I shook my head, fiddling with my fingers. I didn't want her knowing how bad I missed everyone being here, together as a family. After all, she's the one who keeps on telling me that it's part of life. We keep moving no matter what.

"Tell me na."

"It's just-I miss everyone." I caved in sooner than I had expected. Maybe it's that look in her hazel eyes. Sadly, she had the hazel eyes I've always wanted.

She dropped my plate of food-yay, fried rice-in front of me and properly sat with hers also before her. "Kai, I've always told you this. You have to deal with it. I'm not trying to be cold with you. It's just a reality that you have to face now that you're growing up. Dad knew this and I'm sure that's why he's always trying to find moments where we can spend time together as a family.

"Koby is in Germany furthering his education. Mummy is at work in order to assist daddy as the wife and mother she is. Daddy? Daddy is abroad on a business meeting as usual. It's not a surprise that you feel this way and I thought you would understand by now considering the way daddy used to be absent as we grew up. Even still, this is going to be part of your life now. I had to come over from Abuja to be with you here so don't feel sad. It's only just the beginning."

"Wow." I lifted my brows. "I only said I miss everyone being here together."

She laughed, scratching her neck. "Sorry, I got carried away."

"It's fine. Thanks a lot, Kossi." I nodded, managing a smile. "I mean it. Thanks."

"Nah, don't worry. That's what I'm here for anyway."

Thanks a lot for over a 100 reads!