Naruto x reader Angst!

Tw: death, mentions of sad topics, foul language, hospital descriptions.

It had been 4 years. 4 years since you ended your battle with cancer.. 4 years since you were no longer in his arms.
Let's go back, back before it happened.

Naruto had brought you to the hospital for your chemo, you had been struggling with cancer for a while now. He'd always taken you to your appointments, up til your last one, before this treatment session, you had asked him to stay home.

Y/n pov:
I knew it wasn't working. It wasnt fixing it. There was nothing I could do any longer. I'm tired, tired of suffering, and sick of seeing naruto in pain.
I'd ask of him to stay home today, so he wouldnt see how badly its hitting again, I dont want him to worry.
I stepped into the waiting room, walking to the counter to sign in, then sat, waiting for them to call me back. Finally they did.

Nurse: "Y/n y/l/n, you can come back now!"
The petite woman stood in purple scrubs, hair tied in a high ponytail, she was holding her clipboard scanning the information. She looked up and smiled at you as you approached, slugging slightly.

After stepping back they took you into the room to check the cancers growth. Knowing the news already you decided to fiddle with your nail beds, picking around the edges of your cuticles.
They only confirmed your thoughts after running the tests, causing your throat to feel tight, chest slightly heaving. You knew this was coming. Why'd it make you hurt. Why were you on the verge of a break down?
You knew the answer

You were scared

The answer was so simple
But, it was true

You were utterly terrified

Scared to die, scared of being alone, scared to see narutos reaction. You didnt want to find out the end. You didnt want to be alone in that solitary world known as the afterlife. Especially without naruto. You didnt want it.

Taking a deep breath, you decided not to tell naruto, rather they scheduled a chemo appointment, knowing itd be your last, you still wanted to try for naruto.

After getting home you walked into the room seeing naruto sprawled on the bed, you walked over to him, collapsing on top of him wrapping your arms around his shoulder you buried your face into his chest.
He starting rubbing your back, kissing the top of your head.

Naruto: "hey baby, welcome home! how'd the appointment go? Did they tell you good news?"

You responded, muffled by his chest.

Y/n: "it went fine."

Your voice cracked slightly as silent tears soaked into narutos shirt, he immediately lifted your face, making eye contact.

Naruto: "baby, shh, shh, what's wrong? What happened ??"

His voice was slightly panicked as he rubbed soothing circles into your cheek
You smiled, shaking your head.

Y/n: "can we just stay like this a while? I miss you. I know you're here but I miss you."

Naruto smiled down sweetly at you. Pecking your lips he pulled you down, cuddling you and nuzzling his face into your hair.