Worth getting to know

Start from the beginning

Collin shrugs. "Well, that's too bad, because you don't have a choice."

"You've got to be kidding me." He is indeed not kidding me.

"It's only for a few hours, Eliza."

"He's the reason I got kidnapped!"

"No, I made that decision."

"He dropped his mask! He threw me in that car! He suggested you kill me! I will not be around him, Collin."

"Actually, Eliza, you will be around him. Have you forgotten your situation? You don't have a say in anything around here. Got it? Anything. We'll be back, Revel will be here."

He leaves and I throw something at the door, wishing it would hit him somehow. It doesn't, obviously.

Revel enters my room and sits on the couch, throwing his legs over one of the arm rests and laying his head on the other.

"So," he sighs. "I guess it's my turn to babysit."

"I don't need a babysitter. You're my captor, that's all."

He doesn't look up from his phone. "Yeah yeah whatever."

He groans after like five minutes. "This is so boringgggggg." Hes such a child.

I plop down on the couch next to him, making him sit up.

"Welcome to my life, Revel. Now imagine not having a phone or anyone to talk to."

He acts like the mere thought of not having a phone disgusts him.

"Damn girl. I'll convince Collin to get you a phone."

I stare at him, shocked. "What?" I asked excitedly.

"One that doesn't have the option to communicate with the outside world in anyway possible."

My excitement dies down just a little. "It's still something at least." I try to be positive.

"He might say no, but I don't know why he would."

"Why are you doing this for me?"

He sighs. "Theo loves you, so obviously there's something about you that's worth getting to know."

That was really sweet. And weird. Oh well.

"I guess that makes sense. What's Collin's sister like?" I ask him.

"Well, she's like my little sister too. Collin, Theo, and I grew up together. I think you'll like her, Liza."

"Calling me Liza now?" I ask with a small smile.

"Any friend of Theo's is a friend of mine." This is the first time I've ever seen him smile.

We play scrabble for like an hour before there's a knock on my door.

"Revel!" A girl with long black hair shouts as she runs to Revel, embracing him. "Nat, I've missed you girl."

"Oh, I've missed you too, Rev." Her hazel eyes move from Revel to me. She smiles at me comfortingly.

"You must be Eliza." She walks over to me and I put my hand out for her to shake but she ignores it and hugs me.

She whispers in my ear while we're hugging. "I've heard a lot about you. I'm so sorry about my idiot brothers. But I'm here now, and I'm great."

We both laugh and she pulls away, turning back to Revel.

"And where is my brother?"

"Collin and Theo are on a job. They'll be back soon."

She playfully rolls her eyes. "Of course my brother isn't here to greet me, the bastard." Revel laughs.

"Who you calling a bastard, Natalie?" She looks to the door and sees Collin.

They engulf each other in a hug before pulling back away. "Care to explain why you haven't called me in 3 months?" Natalie asks.

"It's been busy here, Nat. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Where's Theo?"

"He'll be back soon." She nods.

"Until then, get out." She says.

"What?" He asks, confused.

"You too, Revel. Both of you, out, now." They left, closing the door behind them.

Natalie and I sit on my bed. "Can I braid your hair?" She randomly asks me and I nod, laughing quietly. "Sure."

She starts braiding my hair and we talk. "My brothers a dick, sorry for all of this."

"It's not your fault." I tell her quietly.

"Maybe not, but it's my brothers fault. and believe me, I'm gonna kick his ass later."

That makes me laugh. "How old are you?" I ask her.

"I'm nineteen, just like you."

"What do you do for work?" I ask her yet another question.

"I don't really need to work. My brothers rich so he takes care of me. However, sometimes I get sick of that and I want my own money.I do many different things but right now I'm not doing anything. I'm just enjoying my life."

"That sounds fun. My dream is to become a doctor. I worked my ass off and graduated at 16. I have medical training and honestly love what I do and am excited for the future. Well, I was." I add quietly.

"I'm sorry, Eliza." She finished my hair and goes downstairs to see if Theo is here yet.