Chapter 1: Rebirth

Start from the beginning

First, he tried to use the [Chat] function and [GM call], but none of them responded. It was as though they had been disabled by an outside source, and the idea put Momonga on edge; it could have been a hacker.

"Ah, this is all getting a little too complicated. I need to find a way out of this place, before I run into trouble."

Momonga casted [Fly] and was lifted from the ground, floating lightly into the sky. He looked to the clouds and tried to make out which realm he was transported to, but he struggled to identify the specifics.

He started to wonder if he was even in Yggdrasil anymore....

He shook the thought from his head and continued eyeing the world below him. Now that he was so high in the air, the nearby forestation appeared much larger than he initially predicted.

"Holy crap.... how big is this place?"

He noticed a clear point on the earth and landed gracefully upon his skeletal feet. There was a moment of silence before Momonga released an agitated sigh. Everything he'd uncovered only added to his bemusement.

"Why is this happening? Is Nazarick here with me, or is it back in Helheim?"

As Momonga continued to freak out internally, the nearby trees and dirt began to wilt and decay. Without realising, the Overlord had activated his [Despair Aura] and damaged the nearby landscape.

He stared at the ground in shock before his jack fell slack against his golden neckpiece, indicating his inner turmoil; back in Yggdrasil, the servers couldn't handle the amount of data needed to create decaying plant life.

"H-how the-.... that shouldn't be p-possible..."

He stepped back from the scenery and desperately tried to deactivate his [Despair Aura] before he destroyed more of the snowy forest. After a few moments, he managed to calm himself and turn off his racial skill.

Momonga couldn't bring himself to believe this was all a game or dream. Everything felt too real and vivid, meaning he was actually standing in a fresh, living snow biome. The only thing he couldn't understand was why he didn't feel hungry or tired.

"Still, why can I use magic? A better question: how did I come here as my Yggdrasil character?"

The Undead tried to use his personal inventory, succeeding in the test, and grabbing a low-tier staff from an amethyst void that formed in the air. He nodded thoughtfully before placing said item back in his inventory.

After a while, Momonga decided to take a break from his theories and go exploring. He found an odd peace when traversing the lands, though he was slightly unnerved by the somewhat... alien appearance of the bushes.

"Odd, the plants I read about in books were a lot different than this. I wonder--!!"

Momonga heard a noise from the other side of the forest.... no, engines. He ran towards its source and cast [Perfect Unknowable], a 9th tier spell that made him completely undetectable to others.

It didn't take long for him to reach the source of the noise, and he was shocked to find -what appeared to be- a large spaceship. He'd learned of such fictional spawns from his friend Punitto Moe, though he understood very little.

There were three humanoids approaching the very edge of the forest, their weapons drawn and ready to eliminate anything they viewed as a potential threat. This probably included Momonga.

"Who are they? Did they come from... space?"

Momonga kept his eyes trained on the three men but seeing how they were moving closer to his position, he decided to approach them first and hopefully speak on friendly terms, he could only hope for such a thing.