𖢻 Chapter Thirty-Five: An Obligation

Author's note: most of the morals/deeds/actions I'll be mentioning and inserting in this story is based from where I live (PH)

So it's not exactly Korean or American culture/ways.

It won't be perfect because my brain is rotting these days smh ;-;

𖢻

"Come on kids, we're all going to be late if we don't hurry!" Jeno rushes them with a playful smile plastered on his face.

Chenle groans as he grabs his backpack, the first one to walk out the door with Jeno and Jisung trailing behind, the latter gasping once he gets to where his elder brother was.

Eyes wide, sparkling with excitement, he screams. "Mister Blue!" Running towards the car as Chenle grumbles in annoyance.

"Not again."

Jeno gently pinches his side, flashing him a tight smile that has him clicking his tongue and walking over to the car reluctantly.

"Good morning, Chenle!" Jaemin greets him, smiling kindly before sharing a quick kiss with Jeno. "Morning, love."

Chenle rolls his eyes once he thinks his Papa wouldn't notice him. Having his back turned, greeting Jaemin happily like always.

Getting in the car, he tries to avoid any contact with the adults and even his younger brother who's singing a random song with Jaemin.

Once they arrived at the school, Chenle was about to finally bolt out of the vehicle– filled with a happy atmosphere but failed miserably when his door was apparently locked.

"What the f–"

"Chenle, you're forgetting something." Jaemin calls out, turning to look at the teenage boy.

"I have everything–"

"Not what I meant, Chenle." Jaemin smiles, almost sadly as he stares at him. "Don't you think you have a deed to do?"

"What?" Chenle makes a weird face as the blue haired man sighs.

"Come on now, Chenle... Always bless your parents or adults."

Chenle purses his lips as he hears that, he wants to refuse, but Jaemin beats him to it. "Show your little brother how to do it as well, be his role model."

"I don't want to." Chenle grunts. "I didn't ask nor wanted to be his role model. Why should I?"

"Chenle... It is your obligation whether you like it or not. Everyone will be someone's role model, it's just how it works." Jaemin says softly.

A beat of silence with only Chenle's heavy angry huffs can be heard, oddly enough Jisung went quiet too when he heard Jaemin talking to his elder brother in a serious matter.

Yet his tone was soft, having patience with the teenage boy. Jisung is slightly confused as to why and how his elder brother isn't yelling back by now as per usual.