𖢻 Chapter Twenty-Three: Normally Hectic

"What do you think of Mister Jaemin, Jisungie?" Jeno asks as the latter jumps on to his small bed after changing in to his pajamas.

The little boy drawls a long hum as he was pondering in thought. "I think he's very nice and handsome, Pang." He smiles widely.

Jeno coos and pinches his cheek, "hm, is that a good thing?" Pulling the blanket for Jisung to make himself comfortable, he feels low-key anxious of his children's answer.

"Of course!" Jisung exclaims, still sitting up. Jeno gently guides him to lay down while also tucking him in. "Mister Blue is also smart! That's so cool." He then adds to which elicits a chuckle from Jeno.

The brunet man leans down to softly kiss his forehead, "very well then. Good night, baby."

"Good night, Papang." Jisung mumbles, soon followed by a soft yawn as Jeno gently closes the door on his way out.

He then heads to Chenle's room, knocking on his door softly. It takes him a few more attempts before the door was slung open, his eldest son blinks at him and turns around.

Jeno sighs at how messy the bedroom is, taking note to talk to Chenle about it (again) and hopefully the teenager will clean it up tomorrow.

"Did you have any homework to finish?" Jeno asks with a soft smile, always trying to set the mood brightly and comfortably with his family.

"Just two." Chenle replies briefly, propping himself on his elbows as he was laid down on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

"That's good, at least you won't stress about it, right?" He gets a grunt in response. Jeno purses his lips before asking, "I also wanted to ask you about Mister Jaemin."

Chenle's fingers pause on midair, eyes glancing up to his Papa. "What about him?"

"Well, I just wanted to know what you think of him, especially with his behavior towards you and Sungie." Jeno elaborates for him.

The teenager presses his tongue against his cheek, "should I be honest?" His Papa nods in response, so he gets to it afterwards.

"I think he's annoying." Jeno blinks at him, letting him finish first. "I don't like him, and I don't get why he's trying to teach us these manners." Chenle quotes.

Jeno sighs quietly, "don't pretend you don't understand, Lele..."

"I don't." Chenle retorts, "it's stupid. Why the hell would we need it? And I think it's just a part of his plan to get closer to us, to you."

Jeno doesn't need for Chenle to explain of what he meant, it's obvious enough on what Chenle's mindset is.

However, he doesn't blame him. He doesn't have to trust Jaemin right away just because the man and his Papa got together.

And he knows Chenle is aware of some unfortunate events to a lot of other people who are going through a situation like his.

So he lets it pass just slightly, flashing his eldest son a sweet smile. "I understand, Lele... But let's just see what happens, okay? Let's not assume and point fingers too quickly."