𖢻 Chapter Thirty: Chenle's Sweet Time

Upon arriving home, Jeno did not need to worry about his kids missing dinner as he has been told by Johnny and Chenle that they've already ate.

So all he had to do was check on the kids and get ready for bed.

Until he stumbled upon two lunchboxes in the sink, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight. He went over to investigate them.

Opening the two said lunchboxes, he smiles faintly at the slightly smaller one. But then frowns at the bigger one.

Sighing, he shakes his head and washes the two lunchboxes for tomorrow. Unfortunately, there are food that has been wasted.

He will probably feed them to the poor stray animals tomorrow early in the morning though.

He heads upstairs and knocks on Chenle's bedroom door first, once he was granted permission to enter, he greets his eldest son.

"Hi Lele, how was school?" Walking over to Chenle's bed and plops down beside the teenage boy.

Chenle side eyes him for a second, "it was fine." Looking back on his phone screen.

Jeno doesn't really pry on his son's privacy, besides, he has a different concern tonight.

"Honey, can I ask you something?" Being gentle and approachable, Chenle merely nods his head for him to go on with it.

"Have you eaten lunch today?" He almost misses the way Chenle's fingers stutter tapping on his phone screen, but the teenage boy regains his composure.

"Yep."

"Are you sure?" This sort of prying on his kids is necessary, gently persuading them to answer honestly as he tries to understand.

"Yes, Pang. I ate lunch today." Chenle emphasizes more clearly.

"Then why was the lunch I prepared for you untouched?" Jeno asks out of the blue.

Chenle bites his inner cheek, "my friend, Yuna, treated us for lunch today." He replies.

Jeno drawls out a hum for a moment before nodding, giving in to Chenle's words. Curling his lips into a smile, he ruffles Chenle's hair gently. "I see."

"Go to sleep okay? It's getting late." He reminds, leaning in to kiss Chenle's cheek, "goodnight, love."

"Night." Chenle mutters his response, as Jeno slowly closes the door behind him when he exits, the teenage boy barely moved from his spot.

Heading over to Jisung's room, Jeno chuckles softly at his youngest son already in a deep slumber. He tucks him in more properly and doesn't forget to kiss his forehead.

𖢻

"I have to leave first, there is an urgent meeting and I'm going to be late." Jeno repeats for the second time this morning.

He is running around the house like an animal, yet does not leave a trail of a mess and such. Trying to get everything ready for everyone's day ahead.