𖢻 Chapter Twenty-Five: Snitching

"Pang, why isn't dad here this morning?" Chenle asks while lazily tying his shoelaces.

Jeno helps Jisung with his backpack and replies, "he said he has stuff to do." He sounds unsure of the answer himself, but shrugs it off anyway.

Besides, he's used to it. There are times where Johnny cancels his visits for something else, whether they are actually reasonable or not, and times where he surprises them.

Chenle presses his lips together, forming a thin line as Jeno leads them to the door. Once he opens it, Chenle's eyes widen as his eyebrows furrow together.

Jeno turns to them with a smile, "since your dad isn't here, I asked Mister Jaemin if he could give us a ride for today." His eyes filled with a tad bit of mischief.

He totally planned this. In a way that bothers Chenle.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Chenle flashes him an annoyed look as Jisung blinks up at them, a little confused since he's still sleepy.

Well, he wouldn't be sleepy if Chenle didn't force him to play a videogame all night instead of sleeping early.

"So you could escape? Take the bus or skip school?" Jeno crosses his arms, raising a brow at his eldest son. "I don't think so."

"Do you really not trust me?" Chenle grumbles all of a sudden.

Jeno sighs, "let's talk about this another time, for now, come on and get in the car before we will all be late." Taking Jisung's hand gently.

When they enter the vehicle, Jisung rubs his eyes awake and gasps, "Mister Blue!" Exclaiming happily as Jaemin laughs wholeheartedly in response.

"Good morning, Jisungie." Looking over Jeno's shoulder, he flashes the teenager his usual charming smile. "Good morning, Lele!"

Jeno then lilts, "what do you say?"

"Good morning, Mister Jaemin..." Chenle mutters, although loud enough for Jaemin to keep on smiling at him in response.

Meanwhile, Jisung seems more awake than a second ago. "Good morning Mister Blue!" Jaemin extends his hand for the little boy to shake, testing him.

Jeno nods when Jisung looks up as if asking him for permission, his Papa smiles brightly when Jisung shakes Jaemin's hand.

Chenle then gets in the car from the other side, "fasten your seatbelt, baby." Jeno tells him in a soft tone while doing the same for Jisung.

Clicking his tongue, he does it messily yet quickly, pulling out his phone to distract himself from Jaemin's entire existence.

When they arrive at his school first, Chenle practically jumps out of the car, only nodding off at Jeno when he bids him goodbye, wishing him good luck and all.

Jeno sighs watching Chenle's back as he walks away, Jaemin notices and rests a hand on his knee. They share a quick knowing look before driving off to head to Jisung's school.

Chenle and Jisung go to different schools, however, it is lucky enough that they are still near each other. Especially for the little boy.