𖢻 Chapter Thirty-Four: Tattle

This chapter is based on my experience, a little bit. It's not exactly the same lmao.

I'll let you know at the end notes, if you perhaps don't mind 🤡

𖢻

"Good luck at school." Johnny winks at Chenle, the latter grinning back widely before taking his leave.

Jisung purses his lips and remains quiet. A little bit hesitant to talk.

Right after Chenle shushing him this morning when he was trying to show his elder brother a drawing he had done the night before, Jisung's mood went down a tad bit.

He quietly hopes for something or someone to lift his mood up again, maybe distract him from what he had witnessed in the car as well.

However, a little kid like Jisung who has good memory and is a chatterbox– which is understandable, there's a higher chance he might tattle on his elder brother... And father.

𖢻

"Lele, you haven't been touching your lunchbox for the past several days." Yuna comments, pointing with a fork at her friend's lunch that were bought.

Chenle swats her fork away with his, the metal clinking incoherently due to the noisy cafeteria. "So? What's the big deal?"

"Chenle, your Papa wakes up and works hard to prepare your meals. Lunch is one of them, obviously. But you barely even touch it."

"And don't tell me you're not in the mood everyday, in that case–" Yuna stops herself and shakes her head. "Nevermind." Dismissing what she was about to say, Chenle raises a brow at her.

"Anyways, the point is, why aren't you eating it? You could have saved a lot of your allowance.... You're buying expensive food too." Yuna frowns at Chenle's Starbucks drink.

The latter snorts, "I don't like the food Papa prepares for my school lunch, it's as simple as that, Yuna." He replies while opening his lunchbox.

He shows it to her as he takes a sip of his drink, the blonde haired girl then tries out the food with no hesitation. Blinking up at Chenle, "you're ridiculous, this is literally good!"

"Too bad I'm full though," Yuna sighs, she continues to rant at her friend. "Lele, I still don't get why you don't eat your lunch."

"Because I don't like it...?" Chenle repeats with a look. "There's literally vegetables in it too."

Yuna rolls her eyes at that, "you're so picky. Guess what, Lele? That would be a big problem for you later on, especially when you get sick and that's your only option."

"Also, if you actually don't like the lunches your Papa prepares for you, why don't you just tell him or give suggestions on what you want."

Chenle mutters something unclear in response while finishing his lunch. He's clearly annoyed, no doubt. Yuna is apparently used to it, hence why she doesn't apologize because she knows it's better this way.

Why would I need to sweet talk Chenle when he's already so... Stubborn and spoiled?

I've been doing that for years, it's time to toughen up a bit.