𖢻 Chapter Eighteen: Melting In Warmth

Jaemin slowly and carefully parks right outside Jeno's house, waiting patiently for the younger man as he checks his phone.

Passing by the unread messages and miscalls, he rereads his conversation with Jeno earlier this morning while he was getting ready for work.

Apparently, Johnny isn't here around this time in the morning, a rare and surprising moment Jeno isn't used to til this day.

The elder man had came by earlier than usual, wanting to pick up the kids to drive them to school. Jeno gave him permission, which made his ex spouse grin triumphantly in return.

Jeno finally gets in the car, buckling the seatbelt on him and tilts his head to Jaemin's way. "Good morning." He breathlessly greets.

Giggling, Jaemin leans in to peck his lips sweetly, "morning, honey." Hand reaching down to rest on Jeno's thigh, squeezing him there gently with a  loving smile on his face.

"Sorry for the sudden message, I told you you didn't have to pick me up. I was just telling you Johnny came by early."

Rolling his eyes, Jaemin squeezes his thigh again. "Yeah, and I thought it would be a great time to finally pick you up after a while, I really missed this."

"Missed what?"

"Greeting you in the mornings." Jaemin replies, staring at him lovingly.

Jeno snorts at him. "You always greet me, at work too when I'm late."

"But that's different." Jaemin argues, "this one is more peaceful, in a way. You're the first person I'd crave to see in the early mornings, it's a great way to wake up to."

Taking his other hand in his, Jaemin kisses his bare knuckles, a gesture he's been growing obsessed with since they've became intimate.

Peering up through his long lashes, he flashes Jeno a charming smile. "It's warm in the mornings when you're there, you're very warm and sweet to be with, love."

The color pink blooms on Jeno's cheeks, smiling back as he gives a little squeeze on Jaemin's hand showing how giddy he's feeling. "Likewise, Jaem.."

𖢻

Lia is currently reciting Jaemin's schedule, the next meeting that will start in a few minutes immediately gets picked to be the most talked about.

Their conversation gets interrupted by Jeno's phone ringing, the brunet man snatches it from the table and gives them an apologetic look.

"It's okay, you can answer it." Jaemin reassures him, "we'll tell you what you've missed."

Nodding off, visibly hesitant. The next ring has Jeno standing up and gesturing a free hand towards them as he excuses himself to head out of the room.

Answering the call, he sighs at the all too familiar voice greeting him. Furrowing his eyebrows a second later when the caller starts rambling.

"I told you to double-check their things before heading out, Johnny." Voice calm and sweet, as if he's talking to Jisung and not the little boy's father.

"How is it my fault? I just came by to pick them up, of course I would expect them to be a hundred percent ready for school." His ex spouse snaps back.