"Lead the way."

"Where?"

"Kitchen."

'Why going to the kitchen late at night?' Luana cracked her stiff body and walked toward the kitchen. The dark hallway felt eerie, with no one passing around. There were so many deaths this afternoon, and there was nothing strange about it.

"We are here."

"Open the door."

"Yes, yes!"

Luana opened the kitchen door, went in, and turned on the lamp. When she lit all the lamps hanging here and there, the room became quite bright.

"Now make it."

"What?"

"That one you made for my precious subordinate."

"If that's the case, do you mean rice balls?"

"Yes, that one."

"This late at night?"

"You don't want to?"

Luana shook her head because she thought it would be a big problem if she said no.

"I don't hate it! I love cooking late at night!"

She immediately poured the rice into a pot, cooked it, and chopped the vegetables. Behind her, there was a fierce gaze that continued to be felt. She couldn't understand why he made her do this.

'I did give Lugard rice balls, but what does that have to do with having to cook it now? His subordinate ate it, but does he want to eat it, too?'

She cut too many vegetables to avoid the awkward atmosphere. However, if she stopped working even for a moment, Legion seemed to ask why.

When the rice was ready, Luana seasoned it and mixed in the vegetables. The smell of the rice pierced the tip of her nose.

'Yes, eat a lot!' Luana shaped the rice into balls, put it on a plate, and gave the dish to the Duke.

The Duke was sitting on a chair and looking at Luana, then he looked down at the rice ball and looked up again. It was a look that demanded something.
"You're supposed to eat rice balls with your hands."

"That's barbaric."

The Duke said so, but he casually picked up the rice ball. He had eaten more on the battlefield, so he didn't have much resistance.

Snap-

The shocking taste stimulated his tongue again when he bit the rice ball and chewed it. The taste that he had never tasted so far dominated his whole body.

The Duke gobbled the rice balls without saying a word. He finished a whole pot of nabe alone during the day, but it was still not enough. 'I guess he eats a lot because he wields a sword. It must be hard to maintain muscles.'

As she recalled the contents of the novel she had read, Luana kept shaping the rice balls. 'But this time, why didn't he tell me to eat it in advance to see if it's poisonous?'

Once the rice balls were made and placed on the plate, they disappeared like magic.

"Excuse me."

The Duke, who was chewing rice balls, looked at Luana.

"You chewed it first then you swallowed it, right? Food is not good for the body if you just immediately swallow."

"I chewed it enough."

'But how do you eat that fast?' Luana looked a little tired. All the cooked rice in the pot was gone. She was exhausted from making too many rice balls. The Duke, who ate it all, looked like a total beast. Somehow, he seemed more relaxed and gentler than usual.