2 Their First Meet

Start from the beginning

Khushi was an easy-going girl. There won't be any problem in making her talk to Arnav. But Arnav was not like her... he needed a strong reason to do anything. So, Anu waited for such a chance.

It was Anu's birthday. Anu invited Khushi to her house. At first, Khushi denied it. But Anu's continuous effort made her say yes. without any choice left, Khushi agreed to come to her home. She could not disappoint Anu though.

Arnav saw Anu working in hurry-burry. She prepared jalebi for Khushi.

"what's the matter Anu, you look excited?" Arnav asked leaning on his back to the kitchen slab.

"My friend is coming, Bhai" Anu continued her work while answering.

"Which friend?"

"Khushi..."

Arnav got stuck for a few seconds. Was she coming to their house today?

"Who is she?" he asked plainly.

"What kind of Bhai you are? She is the only friend of mine, Bhai." Anu pouted disappointedly.

"Oh yeah... I have forgotten about her... I have a lot of important work to do other than remembering your friend, Anu"

Of course, he wanted to meet the girl but he was not ready to admit that he was interested. After all, he was Arnav Singh Raizada...

"You are right Bhai..." Anu said plainly.

"By the way, how many friends of yours coming to your birthday?"

"Only Khushi"

"Only one friend? Don't you have any friends other than Khushi?"

"No Bhai... don't you know me? I don't like fake people... Khushi is the only one who remains with such quality"

"Oh...it seems you are fully set to enjoy your holidays with your friend..."

"Yes... by the way, are not you getting late for the office?" Anu asked.

"Yeah... but you may need something as this is your birthday"

"I will manage, Bhai"

"But how will you manage when your friend is here?"

"What can I do Bhai? Who is here to help me? HP Bhai went to his native" She intentionally asked. Who else other than she knew her Bhai?

"Don't you know I will do anything for you?"

Anu smiled inwardly.

"But, I know you won't like to be with a stranger... that's why I don't want to disturb you"

"No problem... as today is your birthday, I will help you"

"Thanks, Bhai"

Arnav nodded yes. He got a call on his mobile and he attended it. At the same time, they heard a calling bell sound. Anu rushed to the door. Though Arnav was on call his eyes were on the entrance.

Anu opened the door. she became glad to see her friend Khushi. Arnav could not see her as Anu was hiding her, standing in front of her. Anu turned around and saw Arnav. Arnav turned his gaze immediately as if he was not looking at them. Anu took Khushi to her room making Arnav disappointed. Arnav sighed. He came to her room and saw Khushi facing her back to him.

"Anu..." he purposely called her.

As he expected, Khushi turned around and saw him. Words didn't come out of his throat but got strangled in. he stood being unable to picture himself for a while. Khushi smiled at him softly, seeing his gaze on her. Arnav's lips automatically stretched with a beautiful smile.

"Haan, Bhai? Why did you call me?"

"Oh... shall I order lunch for you?" he asked switching his gaze to Khushi.

"Shall we order our lunch Khushi?" Anu asked.

Khushi nodded no.

"We will prepare..." she said.

"But, I don't know to cook, Khushi"

"I know... I will do it"

"You? No way... you are a guest here. Am I right Bhai?"

"From when I became your guest from Friend?"

Khushi was about to say something, but she stopped hearing,

"You can cook for us another day... now have fun with Anu," Arnav said.

Anu nodded yes, pressing her lips.

"You can cook for us another day..." Anu said seriously.

Khushi sighed.

Khushi made Anu cut the cake that she brought for her birthday. Arnav ordered lunch for them. They had lunch chitchatting. Neither Arnav interfere with their talks nor did he leave the place. Obviously, Anu was observing her brother.

"Bhai... you can go to the office if you have work"

"Haan... no... I mean... I don't have any important work. Aman will call me if needed"

"Oh... Ok..."

Arnav was not just at home. He was observing Khushi and her trying to steady her character. Of course, he was impressed.

Arnav opened his eyes, as Akash shook his shoulder that bringing him out of the flashback.

To be continued...