Chapter 52

(A/N: Devataon ka dhanyavaad means thanks to the gods in Hindi. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Anya felt like she'd been walking forever.

She hadn't. A few hours at most seeing as the sun had set and night had long since fallen but it felt a lot longer, especially since she'd had nothing to eat or drink for those few hours.

She wouldn't know the first thing about which plants were poisonous and which weren't. and she certainly wasn't able to purify any water without drawing attention to her.

So, she walked.

She walked until she came to this metal, circular tree-like structure.

At the base of said structure, she found an electrical box where the green button lowered a ladder that led to the upper level and hopefully a way in.

Now she just had to make it up the ladder.

It was about a 5-metre dash, but she wasn't liking her odds as something moved in the bushes and she heard a familiar chitter.

One of her least favourite dinosaurs.

They were already deadly enough with the claws, the teeth and the ones that could fly or swim – but then there had to be the one with a paralysing, sense-destroying toxin.

Anya slid her knife out of her boot as she pressed her back to the tree stump so then she only had to worry about an attack from one less direction.

"Hurry up. Hurry up," she whispered as her pulse began to race and the ladder seemed to be going slower as it reached the ground.

Slowly.

So very slowly.

No fast movements.

One step. Two. Three –

And her eyes were drawn to the sound of a Dilophosaurus as it stood in the tree line just beyond the ladder.

Back to the metal tree stump.

One. Two. Three-

Her eyes had never left the one in front of her, so she knew the sound was coming from behind her as she turned to see a second Dilophosaurus and her grip on her knife tightened.

She didn't mind her odds against one – they were even worse against two.

Never in her four years of being a fugitive, did Anya actually experience this much panic and fear. She actually preferred that to being hunted by killer dinosaurs – for the second time today.

Her back had hit the tree stump before she fell to her knees as one of them approached her.

It opened its mouth and Anya thought she was done for but when it closed it after roaring at her, she struck.

The first thing she did was duck her head to get it out of the way of any venom before she promptly jammed the butt of her knife into its temple, effectively knocking the creature out as it tried to roar at her and she scurried away from it.

Her scream scared away the second one as she felt a hand on her shoulder and she held up her knife only to see Owen standing before her, Kayla at his side with a taser at the ready if the second one tried to come back.

"Whoa! Whoa! Just me!" he promised before she dropped her knife and launched herself off the ground and into his arms.

"I knew it! I knew you weren't dead," she muttered into his shoulder, her adrenaline finally coming down and her body finally beginning to stop shaking. "You're too stubborn to be killed by a plane."