Chapter 42

"Killing a woman, it's not the same as killing a man. You have to pull the trigger differently."

~

Dirt. Dust. Blood.

Those were the only elements they could process, even with the power of all their senses. The disgust of dirt against their skins, dust blinding their vision and the horrid scent of blood filling their noses. The two men tied to the chairs were starting to wonder if they were hallucinating the dark figures in front of them.

"W-Who are you?" One of them panted, out of breath.

"That hurt my feelings, sweetheart." A disembodied voice responded, one that felt familiar to him. It was a woman, who slowly came into view. But his blurry vision made it difficult to make out her face, only seeing the foggy outline. "Forgot about me already huh?"

"You! Y-You're th-"

"I thought I told you to stay out of our business, Choi Hwan?" She spat venom with her words, tasting revulsion on her tongue as she took his name. If she had let Jaehyun put a bullet through his head that day, maybe Johnny would not be fighting for his life right now. They had underestimated the man's connections with the Hantte, all they had to do was throw him a bone and he went wagging his tail. "Was the money worth it?"

She now stood in front of him, her face in full view to both the men. One recognised her, and one did not. He struggled to figure out who this woman was, he had never seen her before yet he knew she must rank high in the Kkangpae to be the one in charge of this mission. All he needed now was a name.

"I-I'm sorry! Please spare me, I will work for you! I-I will tell you everything I know!" Hwan sobbed, desperately bargaining for his life.

"Little too late for that." She scoffed, tapping her weapon on the ground. Hwan's eyes darted to her left, heart beating faster as light shone upon the silver blade.

"You won't survive after this! My men will come for you, and kill each one of you!" The other roared, making one of her assassins let out a rough chuckle. He clearly has no idea who he's dealing with right now.

"Oh I'm sorry, you are?"

"Park Sungho! Second in command of the Hantte, and you best believe they will come find me!" He smirked, believing that he would be able to intimidate her.

"Sure they will, at least whatever is left of you." She replied, making the men behind her laugh out loud. They were enjoying this banter, it was satisfying to watch her humiliate the man. This clearly enraged him. "And as far as I know, the Hantte has no rank order as of now. Because your heir, is with us."

"That kid is not our heir, he's nothing but a stupid little brat who is of no use to you. Hand him over, and we call a truce."

"Jisung is not even gonna see any of your faces ever again, let alone go back to you." Jaemin's voice spoke up, pissed off to hear how the man insulted Jisung. The fondness in his heart for the boy almost seemed effortless, he was officially the family's youngest now. None of them were going to stand around listening to people speak ill of him.

"You two are of no use to me alive, but you may be in death. Killing you will be a warning for the rest of your people."

"You wouldn't dare kill me. Bitch, who the fuck do you even think yo-"

A punch landed, straight to the face. Sungho could not even complete his question, and the lady did not get a chance to answer him. The blow hit him so hard that the chair dropped on the floor, and it sounded like his jaw broke with the scream he let out.