Chapter 33

This is a terrible idea.

What was I thinking?

There's no way this can end well.

"I'm not doing this." She mumbled, turning around to walk away.

"Oh come on now, I'm sure it can't be that bad." Mark grabbed her arm, leading her back to the front steps. She whined as he dragged her along, not loosening his grip. "Whatever you have to say, it's best if he hears it from you."

After much deliberation, Yuna had decided  on doing what was right. Tell Taeyong the truth and try to start fresh with Lucas, finally putting the past behind her. When Mark mentioned that he was heading to the Lee Manor to pick some stuff up for Jeno who was shifting to the headquarters, Yuna asked if she could hitch a ride with him. She did not reveal much, only that she had to speak with Taeyong.

"You don't know that, Mark."

"Yes I do, it's always better for Hyung to hear it straight from the horse's mouth."

"I'm a horse now?"

"It's a figure of speech."

"Whatever, this was a stupid idea. I'll just help you with Jeno's stuff and head back."

"No you won't, you're gonna face whatever shit you've gotten yourself into. It's high time you stopped running from your problems, Yuna." The serious tone in Mark's voice told her that this was something she had to do. He was right, she could no longer run from her problems.

"Fine."

"Good, find me after you're done. He's in the study."

Yuna sighed as she watched Mark run up the magnificent flight of stairs and disappear into the hallway. She had not been inside the Manor in years, mostly having unpleasant memories attached to it. This was where her relationship with Taeyong had fallen apart. She often caught herself wishing she had never entered the house that day. No, then I would still be living a lie.

Looking down at her outfit, she wondered if it was appropriate for the occasion. Yuna had settled on a little black dress that hugged all her curves. Spending quite some time in front of her wardrobe, she came to the conclusion that whatever she wore, she was going to feel the hurt and embarrassment all the same. What is one supposed to wear when trying to get your ex lover's approval for your new relationship?

 What is one supposed to wear when trying to get your ex lover's approval for your new relationship?

Taking a deep breath, she slowly strut towards the study. Her stilettos hitting against the marble floors, echoing throughout the imperial mansion. Passing by a large window, she took a moment to examine her appearance. She had changed so much since the last time she was here, subdued her temper, grown more beautiful, and attained a sense of maturity. The girl in the reflection was not the one she saw two years ago.

The long white door awaited her, one that gave her a feeling of nostalgia. This door had frightened her even before, but not for the same reasons as today. Her heart squeezed at the thought of Lee Kang-dae, the predecessor of the room she was about to enter. They had their differences, but the man had shown her more respect and kindness than most people of his league, including her own father.