Chapter 12

"So tell me again, why is he here?" Yuna nudged Jeno, keeping her voice down as Jaemin walked a few steps behind them. She knew indubitably that no one outside the family was authorised within the headquarters, or even their grounds.

"He's been working for the family for awhile now. He wasn't in the country when you got here, I just picked him up from the airport."

"Airport? Is he a part of the team that brought in the informant?"

"Oh, so you went to the meeting last night?" Jeno looked at her, surprised to learn that his brother had allowed her to go, but not him. "Yes, he just flew back from the States with the informant."

"So where's the informant now?"

"He was taken straight to the Manor for interrogation. Hyung doesn't want an audience apparently." Jeno rolled his eyes, quoting his brother. He loved Taeyong, but Jeno thought that he was a tad bit dramatic.

"Yep, definitely sounds like him." Yuna chuckled, not finding it out of the ordinary.

Three of them were currently headed towards the cafeteria, resorting to a late lunch. During the short walk, Yuna had learnt that Jeno had returned from London shortly after the news of his father's demise. He barely knew him, but that did not make it any easier for Jeno. The youngest had tried his best to avoid his old man his whole life. He held a grudge against his father for keeping him away from his brothers. Even though Taeyong had insisted on sending both his brothers abroad, it was their father's decision to separate Mark and Jeno. But his untimely death made the boy regret not giving his father a chance.

"Yah Jeno! Nana!" Haechan's delightful voice hit their ears just as they walked into the room. The young man instantly ran to the two boys, attacking them with hugs.

"What's a Nana?" Yuna whispered to herself, not meaning it for anyone to hear.

"That's what we call Jaemin." A voice replied from beside her, making her turn around. Mark gave her a toothy grin before joining Haechan in hugging the boys. Yuna smiled at the sight in front of her, it was always sweet to see the boys together. She noticed that Jaemin who had previously looked quiet and apathetic, was now all smiles with the bunch. They must really get along, she thought.

"Guys can you do that after we eat? I'm starving." Her voice broke them apart, and Jeno nodded in agreement. He had woken up early just to go to the airport, skipping breakfast as he did not want to be late and get scolded by his brother.

He had been living with Taeyong at the Lee Manor, as the older one wanted his youngest brother to stay out of the business. And having looked up to Taeyong his whole life, Jeno never dared to defy him. His love and respect for the leader was above any of his personal wishes. Even if that meant burying his desire to fight alongside his brothers and avenge their father's death.

Carrying a plate of pasta on her tray, Yuna sat down next to Haechan, who gave her an amiable smile. Her eyes twinkled at him, he never failed to put her in a good mood. Looking around the table, Yuna realised how much she had missed having family. In the past two years, she had met a few people who she grew fond of, but none compelling enough to make her stay.

"So, why do they call you Nana?" She asked Jaemin, who sat beside her at the end of the table. Jeno, sitting across her, gave her a warm smile. He was touched to see her making an effort to talk to his friend. Mark mirrored Jeno's expression from beside him.

"It's Na Jaemin. I guess one of these guys came up with it while tossing around my name." He said, speaking as politely as possible. Jaemin knew who Yuna was, almost everyone in the underworld did. She was the only woman in the Kkangpae, Kim Daeshim's daughter who had infamously fled the mafia. Not much was known about her personality, but her record of skills told him not mess with her.