Vol. 1: Raising Flags

Start from the beginning

*sigh*

I suppose it's now time for answers.

While I enjoyed that moment of intimacy between me and Himeno, I would like to know what suddenly got her to kiss me out of nowhere. It was too sudden, even for someone like me.

Kiyo: Not that I'm complaining because I just got a kiss from a beautiful girl, but why did you kiss me?

The easy answer would be to say that she has a crush on me, but I have mixed feelings about that. If she did, then what's with the frowning that she sent my way up until the moment when she kissed me. It was all confusing.

She could also have less-than-pleasant intentions behind the kiss she gave me, but that's plain impossible. While she did have that frown on her face earlier, I never felt the need to worry about her. She doesn't seem like she's someone whom that man would send to bring me back.

Anyway, if I want a clear answer, there's only one person who can give me that.

I looked towards Himeno, who had her elbow on top of the table while resting her head on top of her palm. She stared at me for a brief moment, before putting on a smirk.

Himeno: I've been wanting to kiss you ever since I met you earlier.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I blinked a few times in surprise. That can't be true, can it?

Kiyo: I somehow doubt that. You've been glaring at me ever since earlier that I was thinking if I did something wrong to you.

She chuckled.

Himeno: You're not wrong but you're not right, either.

Kiyo: Is that so?

Himeno: I wanted Ichinose-san to confirm that she doesn't have any feelings for you and she did just that. Matsushita-san also said that you two weren't a couple. I even checked if you and Horikita-san had a thing going on, but it didn't seem that way. After all the boxes were ticked off, I didn't feel there would be anything wrong with kissing you.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.....I'm not going to lie, I actually didn't see that coming.

I thought she was just going to be another version of Horikita in Class B, but I was wrong. Himeno obviously knew what she was doing and she executed it well.

Wait, does this mean..... I can be caught off guard without me seeing it beforehand? Does this mean that the so-called 'masterpiece' can be beaten at his own game?

.....does this mean that I can lose?

.

.

.

.

.

Himeno, I am grateful to you.

You just made me doubt my own abilities, something that hasn't happened ever since I became a test subject in the White Room.

Sure, it may be because I have no experience in things like romance and therefore, had no idea that she was planning to kiss me all along. However, it was still a defeat on my part and that's what mattered to me.