Chapter 19

KEDAR

I could see the night lamp emitting light from her room as I continued sitting on the living room sofa chair and working on my laptop.

Working??? Or Pretending Ken???

Internal Kedar needs to shut up! You have already caused a lot of embarrassment for yourself today. Why are you even interested in being her friend? Above all why does it bother you if she is being friends with new people?

Well... She is too innocent and I don't want her to be in the wrong company!!!

Wrong company??? Who wrong company??? Dharam is her friend from school days and Karthik...you got one of Omkar Anna's (brother) most trusted employee...their best is what Omkar Anna told and you are still thinking about that phone call???

But then isn't it strange that she called you? I mean she was so hesitant to even face you after the marriage and now all of a sudden she called you...Isn't that something that you worry about? How I wish she told me what exactly was the reason that Karthik and Prakruthi must stay away from each other...

Flashback begins...

I was so pissed seeing Prakruthi eating noodles from Dharam's bowl. This girl just doesn't think before acting is it? I mean ok they both are from the same college but in an organization people although fear to not talk straight on your face but half baked gossips run a trail here too. But this girl just doesn't understand. This is the reason I asked both Shankar and Kripa task assignments right there because I wanted to keep them both busy.

I could have simply yelled at Dharam or her but I couldn't get off those big eyes filled with tears since I saw her wiping her eyes in the meeting room today. I knew I was harsh with her but she slept in the meeting and although we both weren't the perfect couple... but still the reality is that she still is Mrs Kedar Nayak!!! And I want my wife to achieve greater heights everywhere. Especially when I know she is talented and better than every single fresher in this meeting room.

I didn't know she was going to join my organization until this morning when Shankar sent me resumes of all the interns joining us from today and I was shocked seeing her as one amongst them. I went through her profile and I must admit I was impressed. She had the highest number of projects and the most interesting ones too. She looked well versed in all arenas...coding, development, testing as well as maintenance.

What impressed me most was, most of hew hires work on amazing projects yet after submitting it to the college they discard it as they think, they have extracted marks out of it and then dump it in some random archives but she had made sure each website she developed was still working, was compatible with the latest version of browser as well as were light and fast when compared to unhealthy coding and some website links of other interns which weren't even accessible.

I knew one thing for sure that she was hardworking and talented. I even asked my assistant Soham to get some details about her academics and her teachers were extremely proud of her. Some called her a loner yet called her very hardworking and independent. One of the few who was studying in one of Karnataka's best engineering college on a merit seat and even then who took an education loan. It wasn't tough for her father to pay a minimal few for her engineering but she still preferred to take a loan and that genuinely made me feel proud. I was impressed. And it's a very few times that a fresher's profile had impressed me.

Yes!!! I was a proud husband.

I wanted her to be the best and had vocally appreciated Shankar for hiring Prakruthi but when I noticed she had still kept her marital status as single in today's documentation signing session it made me curious. She wanted to hide our marriage. It pricked. I don't know why I didn't like the fact that she had announced herself to be single and even when Miss Anand the HR for this new batch had asked if there is a change in anyone's marital status she hadn't volunteered to announce it.