Chapter 14

KEDAR

'Can you ask the owner for another pair of keys? I don't like going to his house!!!' she said as I kept stirring the Mexican Rice I was busy prepping for dinner.

'Why? Is there an issue? Did he ever misbehave with you or something?' I asked in one go. I know that man tries to be over friendly with her in spite of being married and having three school going children. I will rip him apart if he has ever tried to hit on my wife.

'Heyyyyyy stop there! Don't behave like lead actress in tv serials...Stop assuming random things. That man is really kind and humble but his wife... she's a witch. She gossips too much. I heard her talking the other day to a neighbouring lady about how different we both are and how bad we look with each other.' and I smirked

'Ohhh so you have issues from people telling we don't look good together?' I asked as I added some shredded corn to the rice while she narrowed her eyebrows saying

'Ofcourse I have issues. I mean why should I pay the price of you being so gigantic? I love myself!!! Infact I think I'm perfect so that lady and her stupid theory can go to hell!!!' she said raising her imaginary collar and I rolled my eyes.

'But there is a 1 ft 5 inches distance between me and you Miss Kamath. That cannot be changed. Maybe we really don't look good together and come on our wedding was an unplanned Destiny's Exchange Offer which we both accepted without any issues!!! So ideally we shouldn't bother about what others say. We cannot change the fact that we both are way too different from each other. May it be our choices, our style of living, our habits, our plans in life or even our looks. We are different!!!'

To which she picked a piece of a corn kennel and took a bite of it saying...
'True!!! We are different...I am gorgeous...you are good looking but not as much as me...you maybe fitter but I'm smarter...you might be tall but I'm more talented...you waste money like water...I even spend a single penny not before knowing if it's really worth it.... There's so much for you to learn from me...it's ok...they say I'm a good influence of people... you'll learn... don't worry!!!' she said and I looked at her surprised.

'You just love yourself too much right?' I asked looking at her in utmost surprise to which she smirked saying

'Ofcourse!!! People try to find love around the world...I love myself...you see just like charity begins at home...self love also begins from your own self and I'm absolutely in love with myself. I mean..just think...if I can't love myself...do you think I can ever love someone else???' she asked while wiggling her eyebrows and I turned around and looked at her.

My hand automatically reached to switch off the gas while she kept chewing the corn. I took a step closer to her and kept my left hand on the left side of the kitchen rack onto which she was leaning. Suddenly her body tensed and I internally smirked. It is fun teasing her. I love the way her body reacts to my teasing while I have not even touched her. My dominant frame over her tiny self made her gulp nervously.

Cute

'Then why do you say that you aren't going to have your fantasies fulfilled and you have books and bollywood to fulfill your dreams? You never know you may have your own share of fantasies fulfilled!!!' I looked into her already wide eyes while I bent to her height and pulled the corn kennel from her hand and took a big bite out myself while still looking at her as she gulped nervously.

'I will get the extra pair of key from him tomorrow morning but .. why do you need another pair of it?' I asked curiously and she said

'I am joining my internship at the organisation who offered me a job offer in my campus selection day after tomorrow....so I wanted to have a pair of key for myself too. You can keep the other. As I am doing my internship with them they won't offer me transport facility as of now but the stipend is really good. So I will be taking bus...I might get late!!!' she said and I quickly said

'You can take one of my cars...I will ask Soham to organize it for you ' I offered but she was quick in denying it

'I will take my car when I buy one and anyways everyone should see their own struggle!!! Remember how in Sooryavansham Heera Thakur started it off from one old bus to having a business empire!!! Heera Thakur is my inspiration!!!' she said and I didn't even get the reference of that movie and just when I said I didn't get it she made me watch the entire movie on tv while we had the dinner I cooked for both of us. Post the movie she sat and explained me how I need to become like Heera Thakur.

She clearly had no idea that I am the CEO of KenNeil Corp which was into multiple fields but I didn't even try to correct her. It was fun seeing her blabber nonsense.

She's become this personal entertainment box for me. I am always amused by her.

'And this rice...what is this Jamaican ri-'

'Mexican rice Miss Kamath!!!'

'Yea yea all the same...it was kind of average...you clearly don't have any idea about salt and spices...hmmm.. nevermind...you'll gradually learn!!!' she said rolling her eyes and I narrowed my eyebrows

'Ofcourse ofcourse your food requires special talent!!! Just like today's lunch...how creative..yet another time maggii and bread...with tomato sauce!!!' I said and she turned around in one go

'Dont you dare Kedar Nayak it's my most asked for lunch item...you know my dad and brother both used to love it..And it's not maggi and bread...it's called noodle sandwich okayyyy??? And how dare you just call it tomato sauce hunnn? I took the effort to draw that cute winky smiley face on the sandwich!!! That is reserved only for my dad but I made it for you today...so dare you!!! You should be blessed to have tastes my noodle sandwich...it requires efforts!!!' she said and I looked at her saying

'Soooooo much talent...make maggi...take bread... stuff it between two slices of bread...howwwww tough!!! The amount of maida (refined flour) you eat my goodness!!!' saying I walked towards the fridge and took a bottle of cold water.

'Eyyyyy mister!!! I knew you would say this so the maggi I made was a whole wheat one and the bread was brown bread...I took the effort to experiment my famous dish and this is what you say??? I know you are jealous of my talent! But you can just say and I will teac-' and before she could complete that line I picked her up via her waist and placed her on the fridge and she shouted

'What the heck man Kedar!!! What am I a damn remote control or a stabiliser Han??? You can't throw me on a fridge like this!!!' she shouted

'I will put you down but first tell that my food is the best!!!'

'Whatttt no never! I am the best cook everrrrrr...'

'Miss Kamath we both know who's the J one here!!!'

'Clearly you are!!! Now put me down or I will jump from here....I'm warning you!!!' she shouted and I simply sipped from the cold water bottle and smirked saying

'Good for you!!! Jump!!!' and then I see a mad frown on her face and before I knew she jumped.

In one go I took a step closer and she landed directly in my arms. Her arms thrown across my neck and I lost it.

'How dare you hunnn? What if you fell and hurt yourself? How careless can you be?'

'Kedar...it's ok... I was just having fun!!!'..

'This isn't fun ok? What if you hurt yourself hunnn? You know it could be risky. Why do you always do what you like hunnn? Then you just leave me and walk away...you can't always do that ok???'

'Kedar what are you talking???'

'You can't leave me alone...I won't let you walk away like that Mia-Bella...you won't...you are so tiny...how could yo-' and that's when I saw her shocked expressions and I realised what I was blabbering.

I simply put her down and wiped my face saying

'Your keys will be given to you by tomorrow!!! Goodnight '

She had a lot of questions but my haunting past was only my headache...I try to be away from it but she reminds me of how it was being with her. They both are so different yet so similar that I helplessly get drawn towards my past.