All's well that ends well

Start from the beginning

I didn't know what to think of it. That's not fair, not for anyone. Beck was the most amazing person ever to exist and this shouldn't be happening to her. I didn't want to believe it was true but I knew it was. With everything happening over the summer. 

That fight Laurel and Beck had on the 4th - Beck seeming tired all the time - her smoking pot like there was no tomorrow - her constantly saying how she wanted everything to be perfect. 

I shook my head, trying to get the thought of her cancer coming back out. 

Jeremiah abruptly stood up. I was frozen in my place. I couldn't move. He walked back in leaving me out. I broke down as soon as he disappeared in. Tears gushed down my face. 

Footsteps grew louder behind me. 

"Peach!!" Joe's voice startled me. 

"The dance just got over, we missed you in there. Conrad finally danced with Belly, so that's a happy ending. Jeremiah came in but you didn't so I came out to check-" I hugged him as soon as he came in front of me. 

"Beck's cancer is back." I cry into his arms. He rubs my back gently, too quiet for a sudden revelation like that. "Say something Joe, say something like that's not true, Jeremiah is lying." I cry some more. 

"It is true, I know it." 

I drop my hands and step back. "What do you mean you knew?" 

"How could you not tell me- about this? How long did you know?" I shout at him. "Since the bonfire night." Joe looks down at his shoes. "I'm leaving, the Jeep keys?" I ask. "You're not driving, in this condition." Joe hesitates. "Give me the keys, Joe," I shout at him. He hands me the keys when he takes in my angry face. He was scared of angry me and I used it to my advantage. 

I pick my dress up and run to the jeep. 

I wanted to be nowhere near anybody. So I stepped on the gas and took the jeep on a drive. 

My phone, buzzed with Mom and Joe's calls after about one hour. 

I had driven pretty far from the country club and the house. 

I couldn't take it, I couldn't let Beck die. 

I didn't want to lose the only mother figure I had in my life. 

I was angry, I was sad, and I had many emotions just boiling in me, so I took a U-turn and drove right back to the house. 

I slammed the door open and saw Beck, Conrad and Jeremiah sitting in the living room. 

I walked up straight in front of her. 

"I have nothing, No body of my own- Since the beginning, I have had a shitty father, a mother who is always working and barely has time for me and a brother, who doesn't understand much, because honestly, no boy does. When I was a kid and dad left, mom started working and I was all alone. Do you know who checked up on me every other day without fail, who called to ask me about my stupid science project and whether or not I got into cheer and congratulated me and came to every competition I ever entered in? Not my mother, You- Beck. So I will try everything in my power to convince you to do the trails because I refuse to lose a mom.  I can't lose you, Beck. I can't just lose you. You are everything to me, you are everything to all of us, without you this isn't possible. I'd die without you Susanah." I whimper. 

"Georgia, honey." She crosses the distance and grabs me in a hug. "I'll try. I'll do the trails, please just don't cry." She buries her face into my neck. "Wait really?" I ask. "Yes, honey." She says hugging me tightly. 

Jeremiah rushed towards us, hugging me and mom. "I knew she'd change your mind." He says. 

 Soon we were all sitting in the Dinning room, talking normally. Everybody was happy that Beck was doing the trails. So when everybody was busy gushing over how happy they were, Jeremiah leaned over and thanked me for convincing her. "She's my mom too you know." I kiss him softly. 

"Should we tell them now? It'll lighten the mood a little." He asks. "Sure." I smile widely. 

"Everybody-" I speak up. "I have something to say." I stand up at the head of the table. "So as you all must know I had a huge crush on someone here, turns out that certain someone had a crush on me too. So we both decided that we would try and date each other. So after a trail run. Jere and I have decided that we are meant to be and we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend." I blush, pulling him up beside me. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me deeply. Everybody around us whops and cheers. 

"Oh- it's finally happening." Beck stands up and rushes over to us to hug us. "Take care of my daughter Jere," Mom warns him from her seat. "Finally." Conrad, Belly and Joe sigh. Laurel congratulated us. Jeremiah kissed me one more time before we asked them to excuse us.

Jeremiah grabbed my dress as we ran out to the ocean. He picked me up as we came to a stop. 

"Jere-" 

"Georgia?" He turns to face me. His fingers tuck my hair back. 

"I think I'm in love with you." 

"I think so too." 

"I think I want us to be forever." 

"I think so too." 

"I think we should complete college and get married as soon as we graduate." 

"I was supposed to propose."  

"I like being in charge." I smile grabbing his face and kissing it. 

___________________END____________________