My girl's a debutante.

Song- Shut up and Dance by WALK THE MOON

"Good morning Peach." Beck walked in with a juice glass. "Bad Morning." I slapped the pillow my face rested on, groaning. "Peach, you need to wake up, it's the day you become a debutante." Beck twirled placing the glass on the bedside table. "You look happy." I roll to her side and hug her. "I am Kid." She hugs me back. 

"I have a surprise for everyone," I whisper to her. "Really, what is it?" Beck whispers quietly. "No cheating Beck, I'll tell you- when I tell everybody else," I smirk. "Naughty girl, you can't tease me like this and then not tell me." She fakes a frown. 

"Is mom up?" I ask her. "Yup in the kitchen downstairs. So are you going to tell her about you being a deb or is it a straight-up surprise?" Beck asks. "I will tell her now. She's in the kitchen you said." I tie my hair up. 

Beck left my room before me, I put on one of Joe's Tshirt, lay on my ground and run downstairs. I see Jeremiah, throwing cereal in the air and eating it, Conrad was by the counter with Belly- a muffin box open in front of them. 

"I'm not really hungry.", She announced. "I'll have two." I smile grabbing two muffins out of the box. "Piggyback to my mom?" I ask Conrad and he bends down to lift me up. He rushes to my mom, so I jump down as I bite into the muffin. 

"Mom, I'm in a hurry but I have to tell you something." I hand her a muffin. "Yes go on I'm listening." She looks up at me interested. "I'm coming out tonight, drumrolls ...." 

"I thought you came out already, to me and Joe. Have you not told the others yet?" Norah blurts. "Mom let me complete." I stomp. "I'm coming out as a Debutante, the others know I'm Bi, told them on the 4th of July." I huff. 

"My girl's a debutante." My mom jumps up and hugs me. "Wow ok, I did not expect that," I say squishing in her arms. 

"Who's escorting you? Wait do you have the dress? Did you have tea and did you wear a fascinator?" Norah looks at me wide-eyed. "I'll show you every picture, Norah." Conrad smiles from behind me. "He's escorting me." I side hug him. "Ah my two angels, you two look perfect for each other. Just date already." Norah fawns over us. "Mom, Connie is my best friend. I'm not going to date him. He's too calm for me." I rub his chest. "And she's too chaotic for me." He ruffles my hair. "I'd die to see you together, but whatever y'all wish. Be happy." She hugs us both. 

"Ohk girls you better get going to the hall, you need to get ready. oh and everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all of your paintings and tonight after the ball we'll have a big unveiling." Beck smiles widely. 

"Jere, could you put both their dresses in laurel's car?" She hands him two hangers, with mine and belly's dresses. "Wait- are we taking one car?" I ask, not wanting to drive awkwardly with Belly. "Well Joe, took his car, so you can't drive his. Steven didn't leave his keys. We'll be coming in separate cars so You and Belly have to take my car." Laurel announced. "Wait does that mean I get to drive?" Belly jumps down from her stool. Laurel holds her car keys dangling from her hand and Belly pounces on them. 

She runs out, "See you all at the hall." I wave. "we'll be the ones cheering for you." Mom shouts from her place. "It's not- never mind." I laugh as I make my way out. 

Belly was already in the car when I reached out, Jeremiah closed the trunk and looked to where I was, his face lit up when he saw me. I ran into his arms and he twirled me around. "I wish I could take you to the ball." he touched my nose. "Too bad you can't" I pecked his lips. "If I go with you, I won't remember anything other than your beautiful face, This is a life-changing experience and I for one want a front row experience." I kiss him again. "I will make sure you don't miss out on that but save a dance for me." He grabs my hand twirls me and dips me down before kissing my lips again. "Bye." I smack his ass before he goes back into the house. 

I turn to see Joe's car parked and Joe and Steven looking at me shocked. I jump up and down happily as Joe walks over to me. Steven was not far behind him. 

"So- wait?" He held up a finger. "I don't wanna talk about it right now. Just trust me on this. We'll talk about this later. Bye." I say kissing Joe on the cheeks before running towards Laurel's car. 

Belly starts the car and begins to drive. It was quiet for some time but then she spoke up. "I'm sorry Peach." She looked sad. "I know Jere, means a lot to you. I didn't know what took over me that night. We just kissed." "Belly it's ok. It wasn't your fault. I'm over it and so should you. Everybody makes mistakes. You aren't perfect, and neither am I." I grab her hand and squeeze it. "This is such a relief. I was so afraid... we were supposed to have fun this summer, it was supposed to be different." She states. "We are having fun and it is different.." I say. 

"I'm glad we are doing this together." She smiles. 

"I'm glad too." I shoulder her.