The Day of Suprises. pt. 1

Song - I know what you did last summer by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello

I sat with Victoria and Jeremiah by the Jacuzzi while Shayla, Steven and Laurel crowded near the snacks table. Conrad and Nicole swam in the pool, Gigi was with the other girl, texting on her phone.

"Do you listen to SZA?" Victoria asked, which brought me back to the conversation. "I'm kinda offended you asked," Jeremiah said. "I love your hair," I say taking a strand and twirling it between my fingers. "Oh, thanks I love yours. " Victoria smiles unknowingly. Jeremiah coughs to get my attention. "Stop that. " He mouths. "What? Jealous?" I lean into him. "Of Victoria? Yes. You're giving her all the attention. " He whispers slowly.

"Sure, I could give you my attention but then you'll have to be someone's stepmom. Remember the list. I'm not taking chances here. " I brush a finger over his face, while Victoria was busy scrolling through her phone.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I walked in as Victoria walked back out with two margaritas, "Need my help, Vic?" I asked blocking her way. "Oh no Hon, Belly's helping me out." She smiles before leaving.

"No wonder you like it, it tastes just like Slurpee." Jeremiah states. "What does?" I ask and look at them sharing a margarita glass. "Try this." Jeremiah holds the glass at me. "Oh no... I'm not drinking today. Mom's going to be here." I shake my head, holding a finger up. "One sip." belly requests. "ok fine, but only one sip," I say taking the glass from Jeremiah.

"Um okay, ok oh you guys are sinister," I say gulping down more than a sip. "I have an Idea. Sous chef I'm gonna need some more pomegranate juice." Belly gets out of the chair. "You've got it." Jeremiah smiles. "What can I do?" I ask opening my arms wide. "What are you guys making?" Conrad strides in. I awkwardly glance at him and stand straighter.

"Pomegranate Margaritas." Belly sounded excited, "but with a twist." Belly holds up a mix of some kind.

"Well, you gotta use the good blender," Conrad suggests. "No Conrad. That blender is a mess." I warn.

"I haven't used that thing since the great Kool-aid debacle of 2011." Jeremiah reminds us.

"Exactly. " I warn them again. "The counter was sticky for the next 2 summers guys, I hate that," I add. "Adam won't like it." I keep adding.

"Dad kept his briefcase in my room for a year, ' As a reminder that all mistakes are not reversible" Jeremiah does his best Adam impression.

"Wait won't he be mad if he finds out though?" Belly raises the question.

"Thank you," I say applauding. "He won't find out, he isn't going to come." Conrad justifies.

"Fine..." Belly laughs. "You guys-" I slam my hand on my head and join in.

The three start pouring stuff into the blender. "This is gonna be another debacle, guys." I try to stop them. "Conrad, hold it," I say as Conrad teases to release the top once the blender was on.

"You know what I miss? Laurel put dad in his place. Peach you gotta come in with the impression." Conrad requests. I had a hidden talent I could impersonate each one in this house very nicely.

So I walked out of the room and came back in with my A game on. I turned to look at them and it just came out. "Adam.." Two voices sound simultaneous. Laurel stood behind me.

I looked at the man standing in front of me. I ran in to hug him. "Adam... I'm so happy you are here." I say squeezing him to death. If Beck was the mom I loved, Adam was the dad I admired.