Counting Summers.

Song - August by Taylor Swift

"Joe, could you help me with my bags?" I peek into my older brother's room. "No." He says looking up from his girlfriend, Sarah. "Please." I look at him, pouting. "Can't you drag it down??" Sarah suggests. "Mom hates it." I narrow my eyes at her. "Fine. Just get out of my room now." He waves me off. I close the door behind me, as they resume smooching like they were before I interrupted.

"Why are your bags not in the trunk?" Norah shouts entering the house. "Joe's busy sucking Sarah's face-off," I answer carrying my two bags down. "Joe!!! Sarah needs to leave now. You have a trip ahead of you." Norah shouts again. This time loud enough for Sarah to rush out of Joe's room.

"I love how you do that. " I appreciate my mother. Joe walks out sulking. "Mom please don't do that again or ever. " Joe requests from upstairs. "Bring down Georgia's bags," Norah speaks calmly yet with authority. "Yes ma'am. " Joe salutes from upstairs. "I'll be in the car. " I announce. "Hey, Georg. Be good and miss me lots." Mom kisses my forehead. I nod and leave. "Stitch come on." I grab the dog's leash and lead him out. 

I sit in the passenger seat of Joe's light blue open jeep, Stitch, on my lap. I scrolled through my messages. 4 of them stand out to me. Issie, Stevie, Jere bear. I tussle with the thought of whose message to open first.

Jere bear's wins by no effort at all.

'Mom made another room clear for you!!! Can't wait!!! Hurry up.'

Next, I opened Stevie's

'We'll be reaching in the next hour. Be there for Belly flop.'

Issie was the last of the messages.

I can't wait to meet you. Oh, this summer is going to be so different.

Here's a little back story. My name is Georgia Summers. 18 I'm the younger one in the Summers clan. Joe is the eldest, 20. My mother is Norah Summers. That's her maiden name. Her married name was Norah Stiles. Dad left when I was 6 and when Joe was 8. I go to therapy for the same. Mom does too but I don't see much changing with her. We have a companion dog though. I named her Stitch, after Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. I love the movie so much. Still do.  

Now, my mother has two BFFs, Susannah Fisher and Laurel Dunne. They both have two kids each. Susannah or as LAurel, mom and I like to call her Beck has Conrad 19 and Jeremiah 17. Laurel has Steven 17 and Isabel 15.
Ever since my mother and the other mother were children themselves. They used to go to Cousins. Beck owned a big beach house. They always went there in the summers. I loved Summer. I had Summer in my name, How much more obvious was I to make it. All my life I have counted on summers.

My first kiss was during my 14th Summer. My first relationship was 17th Summer. My first heartbreak was 15th Summer. It was always Summer. It was the only time I could be me. Georgia. Not Georgia Summers. Not that quiet weird kid from Algebra who tried out for Cheer. Just Georgia.

I would meet my best friends and live a super fun Summer. This summer was going to be different, I knew, it would be different because I looked different. My best friend, Madeline had completely helped me transform into a new person. My fashion was on point.

Mom got rich after the breakup with dad. Her grandmother's death was a turning point for us. We were rich because of a heart attack. Old money is like nothing else. Mom's bank account looked like a freaking phone number. 

 I honk Joe's car horn a few times before he joins me. 

"I'm so excited to meet everybody." I smile folding my legs and sitting. "Me too. It's been so long since I've met the boys. You must be dying to meet Belly." Joe speaks up. "Yes, I am." I give him a toothy smile. "It sucks Mom can't come with us," I add. "She'll be there by the 4th of July," Joe informs. "I hope so." I fidget with my fingers. "What exactly will she be doing without us here?" I ask Joe. "Get laid, hopefully." Joe laughs. "Gross," I say and switch the station on the radio. 

We sit in complete silence, occasionally singing the song that played over and over on the radio. I look out to see the coast visible. "Joe before we reach there. " I speak a little softly. "Uh-huh?" He questions when I don't continue. "I need help picking colleges. " I speak. "What has mom said?" He asks. "I don't wanna involve her in my college picking, please. She's a mess when it comes to stuff like that." I roll my eyes, remembering the time mom tried to pick out a new school for me after we moved halfway across the state.

"Try all Ivy leagues." Joe gave a glance my way. "Joe, I'm not you. My GPA is not great. Not Ivy League material." I shake my head in disbelief. "Rubbish. Try hard. It's senior year. You'll get it easily. I know you will. Don't let anything distract you from the goal GG. I'm your big brother I'll support you as much as you need it. Then you are on your own." Joe raises his eyebrow.

"What would I do without you, Joey!! " I give him a pressed smile. "Throw yourself into the sea, most probably. " Joe nods seriously. We both laugh, "Hey isn't that Laurel's car? " We say coming at stop at a Gas station. "That's Belly. Hey Belly!!! " I stand up in the car and wave as Joe parks. "Peach." Belly throws her stuff in the car and runs towards us.

I open the door and practically fall out of it to hug her. My best friend Isabel. Oh, the only other girl at the beach house, apart from the mother. What would I do without her in the sea of Testosterone at the beach house? 

It was a nightmare the first few years when it was only Joe, Connie, Me, Jeremiah and Steven. The boys wouldn't let me in on anything. Except for the Fishers they were kind and exceptional.

"You look wow." I take in the sight of Isabel. "Belly, you've grown!!" I wipe an imaginary tear from my eyes. "Still crushing on Connie?" I ask. "Still tryna get it with his brother Jere? " She double-crosses me. "Nah!! I have a boyfriend!! Didn't I tell you about him? " I look at her confused. 

"Simon!!! I know. Where's the fun tho? " She raised her eyebrow. "Fun's right here." I point at my chest. "Look at these." She stares at my breast. "I know. It's like God felt sorry for treating me the way she did and gave this as a sorry present." I laughed. "If you two have done talking we still have to reach the beach house." Joe leans towards the door. "We'll be meeting everybody there, you know. " Joe reminds us of the party waiting for us at Susannah's beach house. "Last one to reach the house does the dishes for a week," I say running to our car and pestering joe to step on the gas. Isabel does the same with steven. 

We reached the same time Laurel's car pulled up in the drive. I checked myself in the mirror before honking the horn 4 times. Joe got out of the car. Belly, Steven and Laurel got out of theirs. I sat on the seat, my head resting my head on the window. 

Jeremiah came running out first, followed by Susannah. I saw Laurel rush into Susannah's arms. While Steven and Joe hugged Jeremiah. Belly stood awkwardly beside her car waiting for Jeremiah to notice. He did and Belly smiled and giggled saying Hi. "Oh my god. Look who came back all grown up." He runs towards her to hug her.  "Wait, I met you, Steven and Joe. Where's the Princess Peach?" I hear him ask Belly. "Right here, commander." I bite my lips as I call him out from the jeep. "Peach..." He settles Isa on the ground and runs towards me. I hug him from the car. 

"Get out now," he ordered. "Stitch fell asleep a few minutes ago." I pout. "Transfer her on Joe's seat and get out. I want to hug you." He cries out. "Ok...Ok," I say, carefully picking Stitch up and transferring him to Joe's seat. As soon as she was on the seat. Jeremiah practically picked me up from my seat. His hug was stronger, he was stronger than last summer. "Ok ok put me down now. I'm dizzy." I say holding on to him.  He does as said. "You look so different Peach." He smiles looking me up. "I feel different. You seeing these." I honk my boobs. He awkwardly smiles. 

"Girls are gonna go bonkers." I laugh. 

"How are you, Jeremiah?" I ruffle his already messed hair. 

"Stevieeeee" I screamed as he picked me up from behind and whirled me around like Jeremiah. The way these boys showed affection made me dizzy, like literally. 

I looked around poutily and saw Conrad talking to Belly. I chose not to interrupt their private Bonrad time. Belly would kill me if I did. Soon two hands swept me off my feet. 

"It's time for a belly flop," Steven yelled and so did Jeremiah. "It's belly flop, not Georgia flop you know it right?" I say not fighting the motion. "Just take my phone out of my pocket first," I say and let Joe and Steven carry me, while Jeremiah and Conrad carried Belly to the backyard pool.