Yulemas

The morning of Yulemas, Aelia was up before most of the castle. She had been stuck in a seated position next to Dorian. The prince slept soundly unaware that Aelia was awake. Even as she jerked up, the prince still slept. She debated letting Dorian sleep and wake Lorelei, but Dorian needed to be the first to know. Aelia waited another hour to make sure what she was feeling was correct before she gently nudged Dorian. The prince stirred slightly but didn't wake.

Aelia was a bit more forceful the second time.
"Dorian."

This time Dorian's eyes fluttered open. "What? What's wrong?" He glanced around. "What time is it?"

Aelia shook her head. "I don't know. Three, four in the morning."

Dorian tried to blink the stupor from his eyes. "Why are you up? Are you okay?"

Aelia nodded. "I think it worked."

Dorian sat up. "What?"

"Actually, I'm certain. I can feel it."

Dorian shook his head. "What are you talking-"

Then his eyes went wide. "No. Are you-It worked?"

Aelia started to grow a smile. "It's faint, but it's there. Like a small ember."

Dorian smiled. "Holy gods." He ran a hand through his night-black hair. "It worked?"

All Aelia felt was joy. "My body is not on its own anymore." She nearly squealed. "Are you ready to be a father?"

Dorian's grin grew and he nearly tackled her onto the bed. This time Aelia did squeal with delight as Dorian started to pepper kisses all over Aelia's body. Aelia laughed and laughed. Once Dorian was finished kissing her whole body, he hovered over her with a grin.

"You are going to be the most beautiful pregnant woman I will ever see."

Another kiss.

"You are going to be the most beautiful mother I will ever see."

Kiss.
"I love you so much. I can't wait to feel her move around. I can't wait to read to her. I can't wait to hold her." He placed a hand on Aelia's flat stomach. "I hope she has your eyes. Your true eyes. With her midnight hair, she will be breathtaking."

Aelia didn't know if she wanted to cry or not. She was so happy, but also so shocked that it happened so quickly.

She lifted and kissed Dorian's nose. "I promised I'd tell Celaena second."

Dorian rolled his eyes still with a grin. "Of course, you did. Do you want to tell her now? Or wait until morning?"

Aelia smirked. "I know what I want to do now. Celaena can wait a few hours."

Dorian saw the lust in her eyes and smirked himself. And without any warning, the prince pounced on the witchling.

***

Celaena gaped at Aelia who still had a smile on her face. She hadn't gone back to sleep after telling Dorian and came down to Celaena's rooms at first light.

"Are you...Are you sure?"

Aelia nodded. "It feels almost like an ember. And the more I concentrate, the more I can scent it."

"I thought it would take longer."

"So did I. I was up at maybe two just sitting there, making sure that's what I was really feeling."

Celaena slowly let her smile grow. "We are having a baby." Her sing-song tone was slow. "We are having a baby!" Aelia laughed as Celaena bent down in line with Aelia's stomach. "Hello, little one. This is your Aunt Celaena. I'm going to teach you all the best ways to kill a man. Don't let your mom take that from me."