Once the pictures are taken, we thank the photographer and look through his computer to watch the result. I know he has to work on them digitally, but I ask him to send me the best picture of Edith and me on my phone.

She has already left when I confirm with him that I have received the picture. I leave him to pack his things and head directly to Edith's office. I get in once I've knocked. I know she's alone. I got in and silently headed for the chairs in front of her office like I did so often when I worked with Marcel.

She finishes running through her files before she takes a seat and looks at me. She doesn't speak as well until the issue becomes clear between us.

"I haven't had any news. He hasn't been here." She informs me with a piece of information I had already deduced.

"I know. I've looked everywhere for him today..."

"He hasn't reached out to you either?"

"I hoped he would, but he never did."

"What will you do about it?"

"If I gave you a letter to give him, would you go to his flat and deliver it to him?"

"Do you really think I should be the one to give it to him?"

"He doesn't want to see me. He has made that clear today. I think if it were to be you giving him my letter, it would mean great things to him." I admit to her, hoping my words are valid.

She looks at me and considers my idea significantly. I see the shadow of doubt in her eyes. Her expression changes from a frown to a relaxed grin. She looks at me kindly and thinks this through. She finally sighs and nods in response.

"I'll do it. I'll go to him. You want me to give him a letter? Do you have it?"

"Not yet. If you allow me to use his office, I can get it done by the end of your day."

"Alright. I'll need his address as well. I've never visited his home."

"You've never been?!" I react, astonished that his own mum hasn't been to his flat.

"I don't know anyone who ever did, except maybe you. Marcel has always been very secretive, and we haven't had the closest relationship recently."

"Maybe that's what you both need, to spend some time outside of work and talk."

She nods and pinches her lips together, not adding another word to this conversation. I don't want to insist, so I get up from my chair in front of her desk and take my purse to leave her office. She still doesn't add another word until I reach the door.

"Thank you, Grace." She lets out softly.

I turn around to smile at her, completely understanding where she is coming from and close the door behind me. I walk through the floor to head to Marcel's office. I walk in like I have gotten used to and take a seat at his desk.

I remember the conversation Marcel and I had together on my views about romance these days and how I cherish the idea of love letters. He wrote one to me weeks ago that changed our relationship entirely. I cherish this letter to this day. I keep it always with me as a token of his love. It's in my purse.

I open his drawer to search for blank sheets of paper and a pen, but I find something more interesting instead. I think it's his novel. The one he is working on with Kate. It's all printed and resting flat in front of me. I can't resist the idea of reading it.

I take it out and put it on the desk to start reading it. It isn't that long. It has maybe a hundred pages or so. Perhaps I can read this all today.

I look at the pile of sheets in front of me and realise how meaningful they are. It's his story. It's his imagination in its purest state. This is a window to his soul. I feel like I am invading him in a way, but I was meant to find it.