Finally, I free Marcel from the cross and push him on the ground to free my back from the pressure he was making on the dagger. He rolls on his side and finally looks at me.

"What happened to you?" He says to me with a voice that seems to regain energy.

"Kate..." I let out but feel out of breath. I try to catch it, but the dagger keeps me from keeping the air in my lungs. "The dagger... Mace. Take it out."

He suddenly gains lots of energy, and he rushes over me to help me. He takes hold of the dagger, but my eyes flutter, and I start to lose myself. I feel myself dying, exactly like I fall asleep. But Marcel awakes me by taking the dagger out, which the pain electrifies my whole being.

"Grace! You can't leave me! You promised me you never would..." I hear him and the emotions in his voice break my heart more than it literally already is.

I'm dying. I feel it. I'll never see him again.

"I love you, Grace. Don't leave me!" He exclaims with more anger and desperation.

"Let her." Kate comes back out of nowhere. I can't see anything. I start to feel like I'm falling from a cliff, seconds away from dying, seconds away from losing him forever.

"I love-"

***

I gasp for air as I straighten myself on the bed. The lamp on the nightstand is still on. Marcel wakes up from the noise I am making. I'm hyperventilating. I breathe but never enough air. I'm sweating so much.

"Hey, Grace?" Marcel straightens himself to have a better look at me. "What's wrong?"

He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me to him, but I push him away.

"I need to breathe." I get out of bed and walk to the window. I open the curtain, not caring that I'm still naked.

I look for a handle and turn it to finally open the window. The air is fresh and humid. It takes a moment to get accustomed to it, but when I do, I relax instantly. I stay in front of the window for about five minutes.

Once I've calmed down and breathed normally, I remember the dream I have just had. Shivers run through my body to see him with me and doing good. That makes me feel extremely relieved. It felt so real!

I close the window and come back to bed, looking at Marcel as I climb in front of him and sit there. He seems worried about what just happened.

"Sorry I pushed you away... I needed air." I apologise softly to him as I don't know where to stand about the dream. I don't know what to think about it.

"You got me so worried. I thought you had a panic attack."

"Almost," I respond and look up at him. It's more of a stare as I see him in my head, still in pain. It felt so real! "I had a nightmare."

I tell him and get an idea. I straighten myself and crawl to him to climb on his lap. I push his chest for him to lay back on the bed and take hold of both of his wrists captive under my hands.

"What about?" He frowns and tries to free himself from my hold, but I strengthen it, which confuses him. He seems a little bit annoyed.

"Kate." Now, his annoyance is clear. He rolls his eyes at me. "She was hurting you, and when I stepped in between, she killed me."

He shakes his head like I had said the stupidest thing. It fuels my fire.

"It's just a dream." He says and almost chuckles.