Licking his lips, Tae narrowed his eyes and yanked Jinnie onto the next step. 'If you really want to know, I was having coffee in Dream Bean with some bitch, while crushing on a pretty English barista named Faye with an 'F', who - I'm rather alarmed to say - Taehyung may also have a crush on.'

'Oh!' Jinnie's face lit up like a diamond in the dead of night. 'I've been to Dream Bean! They make the best caramel macchiato!'

Tae tilted backwards a fraction, catching Suga's impatient expression across the broad length of Jinnie's shoulders.

'This guy,' he mouthed.

'We can sit in our boxers and talk about caramel macchiatos and Faye with an 'F' some other time. Right now,' Suga wheezed as he unhooked Jinnie's arm from around his neck to judiciously open the door to the foyer, 'we need to get out of here.'

'They're still outside, but we'll need to move fast,' Tae muttered when he heard the chaotic yells of Taehyung's security unit in the distance. 'We only have a few minutes until they come gunning for us.'

'Let me guess,' Jinnie snickered, 'Jiminie's blowing up the garden to distract everyone, right?'

'Right.' Tae winced, clinging on to his dangling hand while trying not to collapse under his body mass. 'Jesus, man. How much do you weigh?'

'Before I was kidnapped and thrown into a dungeon, a hundred and thirty-nine pounds,' Jinnie sassed as an exhausted Tae slumped against the concrete wall and pulled him with him. 'Now, I'm probably around twenty-five-'

'Quit being overdramatic. You're clearly heavier than me-'

'I most certainly am not!' Jinnie wailed offendedly. 'There's not a thing in this world that could possibly outweigh your ego!'

'How about I kick your twenty-five pound arse back down these stairs?' Tae growled.

'Ha! Are you sure you're not Taehyung?' Jinnie accused while Suga - conveniently ignoring the squabbling pair - peeked out into the foyer. 'Because you look just like him. I'm not sure I like it. I'm not sure I like you, in fact.'

'Yeah?' Tae retorted as he distastefully inspected Jinnie's wish-wash lilac hair. 'Well, I'm not overly keen on you either-'

'Will you two please shut the fuck up before you get us all killed?' Suga rasped over his shoulder. 'Get your arses ready because we're leaving. Tae, you assist Jinnie. I'll cover us.'

Unholstering his Glock, Suga double-checked the west wing was free of roaming guards, while Tae - beginning to feel a little dizzy from the suffocating basement air - wiped his perspiring forehead and adjusted his stance to take the brunt of Jinnie's weight.

After a brief nod from Suga confirming the coast was clear, Tae inhaled, and then hastily guided the injured man out of the stairwell.

'It's surprising what a bit of adrenaline can do,' Jinnie chirped as Tae - huffing and puffing like an antagonised dragon - tried his utmost to support him as they shifted along the hall. 'I didn't think my legs would work, but here I am, practically running for my life. Where are Romeo and Juliet supposed to meet us, by the way?'

'At the main entrance,' Suga whispered, keeping his gun aloft with a firm eye on the rear end of the house.

'Just keep moving, guys,' Tae panted as a wave of light-headedness washed over him.

Determined to get to the exit, Tae clutched Jinnie's waist that bit tighter and pressed on, but when a blanket of white stars suddenly blinded him, he stumbled forward and sent both parties flying to their hands and knees.