"Do you... Do you know any nearby hotel? One that comes at a cheaper price? Just for the night..." Yuzuha, for the first time, asked you normally without glaring holes into your body.

"Hmm, I do know a few... But! If you are okay with it, would you prefer staying at my house until you can go back? I won't charge you..." You smiled and Yuzuha became wary again. Why were you so nice to them?

You knew that they were being abused, much less by a figure of a lot of authority!! Why were you ready to risk your life for them?

"And why would you think of offering us that?" The brunette asked, making you tilt your head in confusion, "Because Hakkai-kun is a part of Toman! And taking care of everyone in Toman is my job!" You explained like it was the most obvious thing ever.

Hakkai tried to shakily turn you down, but this time, Yuzuha was the one to accept, "B-But your family!! Won't your family mind our intrusion?!" Hakkai sputtered at you, making you chuckle as you answered the frantic boy.

"My father works till late night, and my brother doesn't exactly mind! So it's all good!" Yuzuha raised an eyebrow at your statement, "-and your mother? Does she mind?"

A smirk made way to your lips as you got up from your seat, giving her a side glance. A little glint shined in your eyes, startling Yuzuha as you tilted your head to peer at her through your lashes, "Oh, I'm sure she would love to mind... Sadly for her, she doesn't live with us because no one cares for her opinion!"

And that, was what left Yuzuha so baffled.

-----

When you three arrived at the [Last Name] residence, you opened the door and let the siblings in, while also declaring about your arrival to your brother who was most probably inside the living room, watching TV.

Earlier, you had messaged him that you were bringing friends over and he gave you the green light, only in return for some okonomiyaki from the famous shop, Okonomiyaki Mura. You complied and bought him a plate for takeout, and he was happy with his simple request being granted.

Taking off your shoes, you led them inside where they watched you rush in the kitchen to make some tea. From the inside, your brother emerged and took one look at the siblings and said, "When you said friends, I didn't think you meant trauma buddies..."

You shot your head in his direction, "What the fuck, big bro?!" You hollered from the kitchen and he cackled from his seat, "Say that once more and I'm telling dad I found porn in your room..." The poor boy sputtered in disbelief.

"What the hell?! You've been here for less than a week!! How the hell did you find my porn stash this quickly?!" You almost gagged at his words, "I was joking about the porn stash, but oh, my God!!! You fucking creep!! How the fuck did you get yourself a girlfriend?!" Realising that it was trap by you, he almost strangled you if he didn't realise that you guys still had guests.

"Erm, sorry for that..." He quickly cleared his throat as you watched him in unamusement, "Horny freak." You muttered from the kitchen and he almost got up to fight you, "I heard that, you prick!!"

Hakkai was perplexed upon seeing this new side of you. You were always so calm and composed, he had never seen you poking fun at someone. For some reason, he kind of liked seeing you act so freely. Like your true self.

Yuzuha, on the other hand, still had no idea why she even agreed. It was like her mind just went into autopilot and answered for her. But now, she was wondering if it was the right choice.

Placing the tea in front of the four of you, you all sat around the kotatsu, warming instantly at the heat. You took small sips from your tea as you began, "The Shiba siblings are going to stay the night, so how about Hakkai-kun sleeping with big bro in his room while Yuzuha-san and I share my room?"