015

Osamu's breathing hitched as he stared at your figure, "[Name]-chan?!"

The three gang members looked at the doctor in surprise, "Osamu-san, you know him?!" Shinichirō questioned, his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

The poor male found it hard to form words as he immediately rushed to your side, "I-I..... Shinichirō-kun, how do you know her?!" The elder man placed his hand on your forehead, trying to figure out how your condition worsened to such an extent.

"He trains at my family dojo-Wait, I-I don't see how that's relevant, doctor!!" The young ravenette leader exclaimed, narrowing his eyes in suspicion as to how the doctor knew you and why he kept calling you a girl.

Osamu could only grit his teeth in frustration as he picked up on the emphasis of male pronouns that Shinichirō used for you. Something wasn't right, and he knew damn well that you were non other than [Name].

Ignoring the young boy's question, he turned to you and started getting to work. He pulled out the digital thermometer and checked your temperature, 103° Fahrenheit.

He checked a few more things and for some reason, he never questioned Shinichirō about anything. Even when giving you medicine, which usually he should ask a relative for any previous history with the medication or any previous excessive reactions to that type of medicine, he never asked him anything.

It was if he already knew you, and had no need to ask anyone anything. Shinichirō tried to ignore the various red flags that the doctor showed but he couldn't help it. He was starting to feel uneasy.

After about 10 minutes Osamu stopped, he started wordlessly placing things back in his case and then turned to the others with a cold gaze that Shinichirō never saw the man with, "I've already given her some over-the-top medicine which should bring her fever down, continue placing cold rags on her forehead..."

And with that he left the room, without saying a single word. The others looked at him, confused but he didn't care as he rushed out. Shinichirō turned to his friends, "Make sure to look after [Male Name], I'm gonna see what's that all about..." Wakasa and Keizo nodded as Shinichirō hurried behind the doctor.

To his surprise, Osamu walked straight up to his grandfather and questioned him, "Who is that sick boy, Sano-san?!" The raven haired doctor looked angry, almost offended.

"He is a student at my dojo... Is everything alright, Osamu-san?" The elderly man asked the doctor but the latter just narrowed his eyes, "Where is his mother?!" The elder Sano seemed confused with his question, "I'm afraid I don't quite follow...."

The doctor grit his teeth as Shinichirō rushed down, "Osamu-san, what is wrong with you?!" But Osamu didn't answer as he kept glaring at Shinichirō, "How do you know [Male Name]?!"

That seemed to trigger something in the middle aged man as he raged, "That is not her name!! Her name is [Name], [Last Name][Name]!!"

Shinichirō's eyes widened as he tried to get an explanation, how the hell did both you and this [Name] girl look alike and have the same last name?!

"Osamu-san, I think you're mistaken..... that's not [Name], that's [Male Name]!!" Shinichirō tried explaining but the man was extremely persistent, "I know my niece!! I was the one who helped with her birth!! How else would I know everything about her?!"

He then turned to grab Shinichirō by the shoulder as his Grandfather tried to diffuse the situation, "Shinichirō, that [Male Name] boy of yours, his parents are divorced, right?! That kid likes [Favourite Food], right?! He hates [Least Favourite Food], isn't that correct?! He has a [Birth Mark] on his [body part], right?!"

Shinichirō tried to shake him off but the man had an iron grip, "Then that's not [Male Name], that's my poor niece who's being tortured by her goddamn mother ever since her parents' divorce!!" Tears streamed down the doctor's cheeks as he slid down in desperation.

"I've been trying so hard to find her!! That horrid wench has ruined our precious [Name]'s life!! I've watched that little girl grow up like my own daughter but all of a sudden my brother announced his divorce and that the court placed [Name] in that woman's care....." His hands shook as he cried miserably, "If only I was there, then maybe..... [Name]-chan wouldn't have been suffering....."

Shinichirō was hit with a wave of déjà vu, remembering saying those words just a few days ago himself. He gently placed his hands on the older male's as he comforted him, "Osamu-san.... when he-I mean she gets better, let's ask her ourselves...." The doctor nodded as he wiped his tears with his sleeves.

Almost as if on cue, Keizo came running down, "Shinichirō, [Male Name] woke up, he's asking for you!!" Everyone looked at each other before both Shinichirō and Osamu ran upstairs to see you trying to get up as Wakasa kept telling you to lie down.

Your eyes caught sight of Osamu and they widened in surprise, "Uncle Osamu?" The said man rushed to you and hugged you tightly, making you flinch slightly.

"U-Uncle Osamu, w-what....are you doing here?! If m-mother finds-" You were cut off by your uncle, "Screw that woman!! [Name], I'm taking you with me!!" Upon hearing your real name after such a long time, you felt yourself falter, "Wha-I-I... I'm not-"

You looked over at Shinichirō and the others to see their reaction, only to find them all with a different reaction. Shinichirō was the most shocked, Wakasa was just relieved that you had gotten better, and Keizo just looked confused.

"U-Uncle, wait!!! This isn't-" You were yet again cut off by your uncle, "Also, why are you pretending to be a boy?!" Your eyes almost popped out of their sockets as you let out a cough, "W-What are you... t-talking about?!" You hissed.

However, Shinichirō stepped forward, "[Male Name], is it true? Are you really a girl?!" He asked as your heartbeat quickened, fear clogging your throat. You looked down in shame before finally nodding.

Keizo let out a dramatic gasp before he was elbowed in the stomach by Wakasa to keep his mouth shut. But everyone kept their attention on you, "H-Hear me out, please!!" You tried to explain as you found it hard to read Shinichirō's expression.

"I-I would never lie about my gender if it weren't for my mother!! She didn't want a daughter, so she forced me to become exactly like my older brother!! She even made me cut my hair and wear his clothes!! She even threatened me that she would kill me if anyone found out!!" You cried out, with Shinichirō's expression still not changing.

Whereas, Wakasa and Keizo placed a hand on Shinichirō's shoulder. It wasn't your fault so why was their leader acting like an asshole?!

"Is your real name, [Name]?" Shinichirō muttered as his face was covered by his hair, hiding his expressions. You let out one final nod, knowing that now Shinichirō would never trust you.

To your surprise, he placed a hand on your head and gave you the familiar smile that made you let down your guard, "Girl or boy, you're still my little sibling.... and nothing will change that..."

His words brought tears to your eyes as he let out a chuckle, "Why don't you rest? You're still sick, you know.." You shook your head, not wanting to close your eyes in fear that he'll leave, "I-I.... don't want to!! You'll leave me..." Fat tears rolled down your chubby cheeks as he let out a muffled laugh.

"If that's the case, then I promise you that Nii-san will be here, even after you wake up...."

You laid back down at his request, "Promise?"

He gave you another smile that warmed your heart, "Promise...."