077

Look at how gorgeous this is!! Our third ever fan art!! I'm in absolute tears at how beautiful this is, and it's all thanks to MissBaka and their amazing art!! If anyone else has art for this book, I would be incredibly honoured!! You can share it with me through messages!! That's it, on with the story!!

-------

You stayed slumped against the grass for God knows how long. Tears dropped down your cheeks as your vision became blurred. Keisuke's words kept on repeating in your head like a broken record, haunting you to the very depths of your brain.

You were infuriated. 

Who does he think he's calling a slave?! You're no slave!! Not for Mikey, not for your god damn mother!! Perhaps it was the lack of sleep and stress, but you could help but feel like you wanted to kill Baji yourself. Scream at him about how you never were, and never will be a slave.

Years and years of working hard to escape your mother, led you to a point where it triggered you if someone called you bound to your mother. You were your own person, and no one was allowed to control you. 

It was spite that made you think this way, but you hated everything about it. Deep down, you knew you were the same defenseless little girl that you were years ago, but in order to protect your waning sanity, you tried to convince yourself that you knew what you were doing.

You wished you didn't have to think. All you wanted was for someone to tell you what to do. The idea of having your fate and life in your hands, scared you and you didn't want to be held responsible for anything.

The responsibility scared you...

Dragging your body up, you raised your hands and covered your face with your palms, letting them soak up the stray tears. It took you a minute to gather yourself before you hauled your body over to Toman. 

However, your breathing hitched when you found the entire shrine empty, with a few bodies that stood atop the stairs. The lack of sleep that was already making you overly emotional, made something snap in you.

Is this what your worth is now?!

Does no one care about you, that they're just gonna go about with their lives and forget you even exist?! Gritting your teeth, you took in a shaky breath, trying to calm yourself.

'I shouldn't misdirect my anger at them...' You thought to yourself, a heavy feeling invading your chest. You felt as if you were submerged in something that was clogging your lungs and slowly dissolving your sanity. 

Walking up the stairs, you found all of Toman's captains and vice-captains huddled around in a circle. You walked over, and tried to clear your throat, "[Male Name]!! Are you okay?!" Smiley was the first to speak up as you quietly nodded, trying to smile shakily. It wasn't until you saw something that made your eyes widen, that you finally snapped.

Takemichi's passed out body laid on the cold pavement of the shrine, Mitsuya was occasionally checking up on him along with Ken. But Kisaki looked unbothered, and so did the others. Mikey had his back turned to you, so you couldn't gaudge his reaction, but your tired brain doubted he cared.

That was the last straw. In a fit of furry, you rushed over and let out a yell, "Takemichi-san!!" Your sudden anger shocked everyone, but you kept your eyes trained on the poor boy passed out.

"What happened?!" You asked as Ken darted his eyes, ultimately letting out a sigh. Kisaki perked up on this and smirked, "He had it coming... He's not even a member, yet he goes around attacking me..." 

In a flash, Kisaki's body was slammed into the ground and before anyone could even comprehend anything, you rammed your fist straight in his face, breaking his nose, "YOU MOTHERFUCKER, HOW DARE YOU?!"