Chap 1 memories

Lily🌺 POV

This is my place of peace, my safe haven to clear my mind from my hectic day at work and  remembering the beautiful happy memories with my mother before she got gravely ill.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Looking out into the ocean, the therapeutic sound of waves crashing on the rocks and the burnt orange color shine throughout the skies as the sun sets.

To me this is my ultimate high, deeply inhaling the salty fresh air fulling my lungs and exhaling my stressful burdens away.

This very board walk my mother, Nathan and I had a picnic together before she passed away a few days later. I will always have that precious memory with me to treasure till my last breath.

Having my mother here with me would be my greatest and only wish but as the long time saying goes, if wishes were horses beggers would've ride.

She was in too much agonizing pain with the needles and medication everyday and when her leg got amputated it was painful and torturous for me to watch her struggle, she was always a strong independant woman, watching her become so vulnerable and dependant on us broke her. I pray that God keeps her soul till we meet again.

She is free from all the pain and suffering, that thought keeps me sane at night.

Looking at my watch its 6:35 in the evening and it's time for me to get home and make dinner. Nathan is constantly busy trying to get his construction business off the ground, which it already is in my opinion but he's such a workaholic.

Me on the other hand I am a nail technician and have my online business selling nail products and supplies. I love working for myself at my own pace and not dealing with coworker drama, it's quite liberating.

Taxi!! I shouted flagging down the car, "to the supermarket please, thank you" I instructed, I didn't feel like driving at work today.

One hour later...

Jugging down the steps in my humble abode after taking a shower to get all the acrylic debris off of me then heading to the kitchen to prepare some stew chicken, potato salad, and fried rice.

One of my favorite dishes to prepare, blending up my green seasoning in the blender and stirring the potatoes in the pot, the front door swing open revealing Camry in her usual skimpy clothing boldly walking in my kitchen, I role my eyes at her regretting giving her a spear key.

I have notice every time she comes over her breast is basically falling out and she ask for Nathan like clock work.

"Girl you cooking again! What you making and where's your brother is he home?" She ask picking up a carrot putting it in her mouth. Camry annoy me sometimes with her smart ass condescending remarks and then eat out all my food because her lazy ass can't cook and has the audacity to ask if I am cooking again.