【➳】Sanctuary of the Hybrid【➳】

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Hiccup x Half-Dragon!Reader

Not Requested

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Timeframe: HTTYD 2

A/N:

I thought the idea of a half-dragon reader was cute, so I did it. Not really all that romance-y, but very fluffy and adorable, so enjoy.

 Not really all that romance-y, but very fluffy and adorable, so enjoy

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

A pair of sharp and wary eyes peered around a spiked structure of ice, the pupils amongst them constricted to slits as they landed on the lean figure of a man standing next to the lady that became her savior that fateful day. She never would've expected someone as protective as her to let another human being in here; not near the precious dragons, and definitely not near someone like herself. It was baffling the minute she stepped through the threshold with this figure clad in leather and armor, even more so when Cloudjumper wasn't alone, an eager Night Fury bounding beside the newcomer with a bunch of gear and half of a... prosthetic tail fin? Then she noticed the human had a prosthetic also, this one for a missing part of his leg.

Slowly but surely the slits in those (E/c) eyes began to dilate the longer she observed the scene, her head of (H/c) hair shifting to the side in evident confusion as the two interacted fondly with one another. It was almost as if they had known each other their whole lives, as if Valka hadn't brought in some random stranger to their little hidden world of safety solely for dragons.

Except for herself, obviously. She didn't count as a dragon, merely being half of one with her mainly human appearance. Though, the way she behaved was far from it, perhaps due to the lack of human figures in her life and being surrounded by dragons for as long as she could remember.

(Y/n)'s eyes narrowed once more as she watched the auburn-haired man interact with the sleek black dragon that followed him in here. She took note of the animated way he moved his body or made grand gestures with his arms and hands, always moving around in some type of action to emphasize the words leaving his mouth; rather strange and not threatening in the slightest.

It was difficult to listen in on their conversation at the distance she was at, even with her sensitive hearing. The most she could pick up was the specific sound each of their voices made, along with the occasional bouts of laughter. Soothing and soft, Valka; nasally and rough; the younger man she had yet to learn the name of.

After silently assessing the male and assuring herself that he seemed to hold no ill intentions, her curiosity began to peak. The snowy white wings folded behind her back spread out in an instant, allowing her to jump and glide down to a lower patch of land that was closer, yet remained a safe distance away from the two. Once settled comfortably on top she went to carefully watch the pair again, only to be taken aback when striking emerald eyes were already staring in her direction, wide in a combination of awe, puzzlement, and interest; a reaction she was unfamiliar with receiving, besides for one person.