【➳】Unexpected Company【➳】

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Hiccup x Loner!Reader

Not Requested

Type: Fluff

Warnings: None

Timeframe: HTTYD 2

A/N:

Something short and simple for the first oneshot, kind of like a warmup to get used to writing for this. <3

Hopefully it's not too bad, lol.

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

The (H/c)-haired woman felt her eye twitch, mild annoyance evident in those (E/c) irses as they refused to stray away from the setting sun over the horizon. A warm glow settled along the waves of the vast ocean ahead, glimmering in hues of yellows, oranges, and pinks that reflected the sky. It would've been a beautiful sight to soak in, had it not been for the pebbles hitting the back of her head every so often, paired with a low, borderline demanding, grumble.

Tap.

Tap.

Smack!

Instead of a pebble she found a tree branch slapping her across the cheek, leaving behind a few vibrant red scratches from the hit. "Seriously, Eyre?" A long groan came from the dragon rider, her attention finally being ripped away from the beautiful sunset to the insistent reptile a few steps away from her sitting form.

(Y/n)'s vexed expression was met with one of similarity, the turquoise-blue colored dragon staring her down with a specific look, one that gestured towards the sinking sun she was just watching. Another loud grumble came from her, followed by a short jerk of the head in the direction behind them, inwards of the island. If that didn't get her point across, then the harsh flap of her four wings did the trick. And yet, her owner was too stubborn to take the hint.

"I don't want to head back. It's peaceful out here." There was an underlying meaning to that statement, one that her dragon couldn't comprehend, judging by the confused rumble in her chest as a response. Another whack to her face met her soon after, and she barely managed to snatch the 'weapon' away from between her sharp teeth. "You're something else, you know that? Got a lot of attitude for a dragon."

Eyre gave a dramatic huff, a warm puff of air escaping her mouth as her head turned in the opposite direction, refusing to look at her owner and further proving the point she made. The (blonde, brunette, etc.) couldn't help but chuckle lightly at that, mindlessly reaching out to run her fingers along the cool scales of her body and admiring the variation in hues. No matter how many times she reminded herself that this was her dragon – or rather her best friend – she couldn't fathom how such an exquisite and elegant creature like this was always by her side; even if she was a pain in the arse sometimes.