【➳】My Heart Bleeds for You【➳】

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Yandere!Hiccup x Reader
[Part 1]

Not Requested

Type: Yandere/Angst/Gore

Warnings: Gore, violence, major character deaths, emotional manipulation, obsessive/possessive behavior, one-sided relationship

Timeframe: HTTYD 2

A/N:

Felt like writing something dark and creepy; that, and I always love writing obsessive characters. Hiccup will be fairly OOC in this, cause y'know, he's a yandere—

This oneshot holds some descriptive gore, so if you don't like that – or anything in the warning above – then I wouldn't recommend reading this one.

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

As of lately, Hiccup had been acting rather... weird. Well, weirder than his usual dorky self acted all the time. No, this was a different kind of strange when it came to him.

About two months ago they had defeated Drago Bludvist after his attempt at destroying Berk with his dragon army. Unfortunately, with those battles came the loss of a few Berkian people, one of the significant ones being Stoick the Vast; Hiccup's father and their beloved chief. If that wasn't hard enough to deal with, having to take over as the new chieftain while also focusing on the repair of the village – the Bewilderbeast did some damage with the amount of ice it blasted into the island – that must've been a whole new level to his grief and stress.

(Y/n) couldn't imagine what he was going through mentally, and perhaps his out of the blue attachment to her was a coping mechanism for himself, one she wasn't able to comprehend from her own point of view. They hadn't been the closest of friends before the incident – at least, compared to his friendships with the rest of the gang – so to say it puzzled her when he began following her around like a lost puppy was a severe understatement. Whenever he wasn't trailing by her side, she swore she could feel a gaze following her every move, as if someone were spying on her from a distance.

It wasn't much of an issue at first. Hiccup would pop up here and there throughout her daily tasks, checking in to see what she was doing before he'd begrudgingly have to rush off when his chief duties called. She suspected nothing of it, assuming he wanted to catch up with her and make a closer bond like he did with the others; which, warmed her heart and she secretly appreciated. It also gave her easy access to seeing the auburn-haired viking and making sure he was doing relatively well through this tough time.

Then the visits became more frequent, to the point where he'd show up at her hut randomly or drag her off during the day to hang around him, seeing as he was too busy to stick around during her own daily tasks. Most of the time (Y/n) tried to refuse since she had things to do – more specifically a needy and demanding dragon to care for – but then she'd receive the most disappointed expression in return that broke down every ounce of her willpower; he basically looked like a kicked puppy. No matter how hard she tried, Hiccup would always say something or look at her in a way that cracked at her heart, even more so knowing he was still grieving the death of a loved family member and needed someone to be there for him.