IV

By the time Carmilla led you to the bedroom, you couldn't the fingers of your right hand – her grasp was vicious

By the time Carmilla led you to the bedroom, you couldn't the fingers of your right hand – her grasp was vicious. But you could feel everything else – fear, helplessness, misery, loneliness.

The bedroom was almost double the size of yours and it had so many things it was impossible to see them all in such a short amount of time. There was a huge bed with black satin bedding and a wooden canopy. The walls were also black and the little things – the incense, the small crystals, the cross with Christ on it – seemed like out of a witch's house.

Carmilla pulled you closer to herself, then grabbed your forearm and forced you to sit on the bed. Her cold fingers left burning trails on your skin.

"Lay down," she said silently, and you did that, too.

She climbed on top of you, instinct told you to move away, but fear immobilized your body. When your eyes were on the same level, she took a hold of your chin and, when you tried to rutn away, forced you to look at her.

"It will be easier if you don't fight back, you do understand that," she said.

You found the strength to nod slowly.

Carmilla smiled – sinisterly or not – and her eyes seemed like pure ice. You froze when she leaned over to kiss you. You closed your eyes, trying to, at least in your mind, get away from here, go somewhere far away...

A lake by the school... Spring... Two swans swimming peacefully, entangled with one another, like two lovers...

But it didn't help, no, there were Carmilla's burning lips against your skin and her hands on your shoulders, trying to rip the fabric separating you two off.

"It's about time to take that horrendous dress off," she whispered in your ear. You took a deep fortifying breath. "You're so tense..."

"Please..." you choked out a plea. "Please, we don't have to do this, not tonight... Any other day..."

You knew begging was pointless, but you were in such distress you just had to try.

You heard her laugh in your ear, "Oh, but we will do it any other day, every other day... Why would I wait if I can have you now?" She bit your ear but didn't draw blood.

She withdrew a little, "Undress," she commanded, gazing upon you. You moved a little, away from hair, and sat up and hugged yourself. Carmilla raised an eyebrow, "Shall I do it myself then?"

You shook your head. You wanted to keep her away from you as long as possible. You reached out to your back and started to untie your dress, your hands shaking wildly. You had never undressed in front of another, not even your roommates had seen you naked. Slowly, you took off the first layer of the dress, maneuvering your body out of it, until it slid away. You were left with an underdress. You looked at Carmilla.

In the dim light, she gazed at you like a hungry predator, her eyes slid your body as if you were about to reveal supernaturalities greatest secrets, and when you stopped, she said, "The rest off too, pet."