30. The End is Near

Eddie lay down the newspaper on the table pointing to an advert for the war zone. "Okay, check this out. The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for...well, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked. "Is that a grenade? I mean how is any of the is legal?"

"We'll lucky for us it is. This... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone." Erica suggested

"Normally, I'd agree but we need the weapons" Nancy said. " I think it's worth the risk"

"Me too." Lucas agreed

"Yeah but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin said

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie said standing up.

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve asked him

"It's not exactly a car, Steve." Eddie sighed looking at Steve. "And it's not exactly mine but, it'll do." They all looked at him waiting for some kind of explanation.

"Hey red," Eddie turned to max who was standing in the corner. "You got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?" Max shifted to one side, thinking. She looked up and smiled.

She ran into her room and after a few minutes later came out holding her Michael myers mask she wore on halloween a few years ago, when she and syd scared the boys whole trick or treating. Sydney, Dustin, Lucas and max all looked and smiled at each other. Max threw it to Eddie

"Let's go!" Eddie said putting the mask on and waking out the door. The all snuck around the side of the mayfields trailer and followed Eddie to one of his neighbours camper-van. Eddie found an open window and climbed through it. Steve climbed in after him and held his hand out for Sydney who jumped in.

Sydney then helped max and the others jump in. Eddie went up to the steering wheel and started trying to get the van to start. Steve, then robin went up and watched him.

Suddenly all the lights went on and the engine started. The couple who owns the vehicle could be heard yelling and pounding on the side.

"Shit! Go!" Steve pushed Eddie of the drivers seat and jumped into it. "Everybody hang onto something!" He yelled back. Dustin max and syd all ran and sat on the couch at the back of the van and held on for dear life.

"Drive, Steve, drive!" They yelled. Steve slammed on the peddle and the van darted forward and towards the exit of the trailer park

"Shot they look pissed!" Dustin looked back to see the couple chasing the van

"I mean it's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." Robin said.

⋙✿⋘

The car ride was mainly quiet, only a couple conversations between pairs. Max was listening to Kate bush while Sydney sat next to her, stroking her hand.

"Hey" Sydney bugged the girl. Max pulled down her headphones. "Ok so most of Vecnas victims were seeing miss Kelley, right?"

"Yeah" max nodded

"So I figure there's a good chance Vecna cursed another one of her students. We go back to her office. We read the files and figure out who's next and steak out their house and-"