CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

I just survived two weeks of school without funds.
Help me thank God abeg, He has done it again😂😂🙌🏼
You can also help me gan oh🥺🤲🏼😂
Also, I got an A+ on my Government, Maths and English tests😌

TWENTY THREE

EVAN

      Sighting her approaching figure, I leaned back into the seat with a look of disapproval on my face, while hers hosted a deep scowl. The dislike the girl had for me was obvious, but at the moment, it was none of my business. I wanted something, and I was going to get it.

"You're thirty four minutes late, chica" I spoke in a mock tone, smirking as she shot me a glare, finally getting to where I sat.

"You didn't tell me where to find you. How was I supposed to meet you on time then?" She snapped, rather angrily. I did well to display the amusement on my face as I "tsk"ed her dismissively.

"Well, you finally did. And I forgive you for wasting my precious time. Now, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" I smirked, looking at her square in the eye, to make sure she knew why I asked her to meet me here. Judging from the anxiety that flashed in her eyes at that moment, I was certain she did. If it was possible for my smirk to grow wider, it sure did.

"What do you want, Evan?!" Larisa snapped, the veins in her neck already popping, as her face had begun changing to that light shade of red I was all too familiar with. Wiping the smirk off my face, and  changing it into a deep grimace, I kicked myself off the seat and towered over her, looking down at the girl with a hard stare.

"I suggest you watch your tone, Larisa" I frowned, stepping closer to her, which caused her to take nothing less than four steps backwards. "I am not here to fight you, I just want to help you help me"

She frowned. It was obvious she was confused. I didn't mind, though, I was going to make everything clear as soon as I could, so I could get out of her suffocating presence. She almost seemed like a threat to me, but I was going to remind her that Evan was way above her level. I knew she was jealous of me and out to get me, so I chose to remain calm. My purpose was what mattered.

"So, you know that I've seen it. Right? Favour showed me" I nodded, circling her as I spoke, taking her phone from her hands, and twirling it in mine, while observing the designs of the phone case. It reminded me of Captain, hitting me with a wave of nostalgia, as I questioned why I hadn't seen my cousin since we graduated.

"Her name is Funke. And, I.. I can explain, I swear" she turned sharply to face me, a pleading look in her eyes. It satisfied me, I must say, and I smirked. I handed her phone back to her and strolled ever casually, saying nothing, back to the chair on which I was seated a couple of minutes ago.

"Larisa Eniola Adenekan" I spelled out her full name very slowly, making sure her gaze was still trapped in mine, looking into her soul and feeding, digesting on that fear she had. The fear that gave me control over her; that fear that had her wrapped up in my palms. I smirked, noticing her gulp ever so quietly. This had to be the first time I was seeing her this terrified.

"This hot-headedness of yours will get you nowhere, Larisa. I said let me tell you. Especially at a time like this where people you know, and possibly, people you don't even know, have leverage against you. Trust me, they're lurking around, monitoring you, and waiting for your next screw up. And then, boom! Your little secret is out in the public. Play safe, Larisa, or play smart" I finished, maintaining an impassive stare at her, while she seemed to crumble inwardly at my every word.

"Y-you didn't ask her to delete the video?". The girl looked shocked, and I chuckled.

I mean, why would I?

"It has nothing to do with me, Larisa. However, you're quite fortunate I was the one she showed, because I have the capacity to help you. And I promise I will, just at a little effort from you"

"How selfish can you get, Evan?!" She asked, as a tear slid down her cheek. Her face was already red, and I knew she was doing as good as she could to prevent herself from snapping. That was a smart move, as any mistake on her part would be to her own detriment. "You knew you could help me, yet, you chose not to, Evan. Why? Because you want me to meet your selfish needs before you can do something for.. for me. This whole thing can ruin my life, and you know it-"

"Exactly" I nodded, and she froze. "Yes, I'm well aware it can ruin your life, and I'm sure it's not right now you realized that. So what actually baffles me is why you did it, knowing this fact.

Also, nothing I'm doing right now is selfish. It's a win win situation. If you can calm down and think about it, you'd realize that I'm right, as always. It's nothing major sef. Not like I'm asking you to sleep with me or sell me drugs or whatever" I shrugged at the last word, and she stepped up to me, with a look akin to intense anger about to burn her up in those eyes of hers.

I chuckled, she reminded me of Chinelo.

"What do you want, Evan?" She asked, calmer than her entire demeanour this time, and if I wasn't Evan, I might've been scared.

"Willow" I stated blankly and she stepped back, almost tripping over her own feet.

"What?!"

"You heard me" I got up again, and placed my hands on her arms, steadying her. "You help me get Willow, and I help you keep this dirty secret of yours". I placed emphasis on the word, "dirty", just so that she could subconsciously be reminded of the damage being exposed will do to her, hence, causing her to seek refuge in me and meet my demands.

"You must be mad, Evan! I said you are mad, I swear! Can you even hear yourself?" She snapped now, pushing me off her aggressively, and I folded my arms across my chest, watching her with a scowl and daring her with my eyes to do any more than she already did.

"You want me to sell my friend, Evan? What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Wasn't it this same girl you refused to come see when she was rushed to the hospital, cause apparently, she isn't your friend?! You said if she wanted to end her life, then we should have let-"

"Okay" I nodded, raising my palm to shut her up. "Enough. If you don't want to help me, simply say so and stop ranting. Your voice gives me a headache"

She stared at me for a moment, as she seemed to calm down. Probably, she was realizing what she'd just done.

"I take that as a no" I smirked, knowing that I was pushing the right buttons. Honestly, right now, I didn't need her help, however, instilling more fear in her would give me more control over her, and that was what I was going to do.

"It's alright" I nodded. "Freedom of choice. I hate to say this now, but you are on your own henceforth, chica. Anything Funmi chooses to do to you, is in her hands alone. I've kuku removed my hand. Shey it's me that wanted to do Good Samaritan"

"Evan," Larisa called weakly as I started to walk away. Not turning around, I smirked as I felt her begin to walk to me. "I'll help you"

Feigning shock, I let out a chuckle before facing her. "I do not need your help, Larisa. My decision to mind my business is final"

"Evan-"

"Ciao" I cut off whatever she wanted to say, turning away dismissively and walking to wherever I could find Maia. I needed someone to take my mind off things for a minute, and she was the perfect person.

Tomorrow, I would go after Willow, but for now, I was content with everything I had done.

Okayyyyy! That's a wrap!

Evan lovers, gather here!😍
Okay, just me? Oh, yeah. Just me😭💔

Anywhoooooo, leave your thoughts and polite comments on how Evan is such a charming prince.

We'll see later😚