CHAPTER TWENTY

Engage on this chapter if not I'll burn this book🌚

Good morning 💕✨

TWENTY

IRIS

  "Ziora Barlowe?" I turned at the unfamiliar voice calling out to me. Behind me was a guy I couldn't recognize, yet he grinned broadly at me like we'd met before. It wasn't the first time this was happening, though. I was used to having random people walk up to me in the strangest ways, even on the first day of camp.

Life of a celebrity.

"Wow, my girlfriend is a huge fan" he spoke, stretching out his hand to me. "Can I get a selfie?"

"Sure," I nodded with a soft smile, while he stepped into my space, opened his camera and began taking like a million photos while gisting me about his girlfriend and things I never asked.

A selfie, you said.

"Thank you so much" he grinned when he finally stepped away because our trainer had entered the class. "It's nice meeting you"

"My pleasure," I smiled politely, resisting the urge to suck in a deep breath of fresh air his body was no longer polluting, while he walked away.

Jesus Christ.

Placing a hand on my chest, I walked towards Larisa, taking the seat next to her. I expected her to turn towards me to ask what's wrong, but the girl didn't even spare me a glance, talk more of speaking to me. Her eyes were focused on nothing in particular in front of the class, and she breathed slowly, and somewhat irregularly. It seemed like she was thinking about something deeply, something that bothered her.

I had no idea what was going on with her.

"Larisa," I called out to her, making her flinch and turn towards me with a look of panic in her eyes which disappeared in basically a nanosecond.

What the hell?!

"H-hey, Iris" she spoke, failing an attempt to force a smile.

Ah ah.

"Are you okay, 'Risa?" I asked her. She stared at me wide eyed for a moment before shaking her head rapidly and muttering a confused 'yeah'. Hah, she was acting strange no doubt, and I needed to find out what was going on with her.

"We're doing wire jewelry today, Iris" Larisa called out to me. She seemed to have regained composure, as now, there was an excited grin on her face and she was almost back to her usual bubbly self. The only indication that she wasn't alright was the constant twirling of her phone in her hands which she'd been doing since breakfast.

"Hm" I nodded, eyeing her warily, while our trainer shared the equipment we were going to be using today. On getting to my desk, the light skinned man gave me a knowing smile that lingered longer than usual, before he moved to Larisa's desk.

Life of a celebrity.

"So, like I said yesterday," his voice echoed from the back of the class. "We're going to be making a full ring set using these wires. If you, or your girlfriend likes rings, then you're in luck. So let's not waste time, we'll begin now"