Chapter 27

You sat there, fiddling with your sweatshirt strings as the hands of the clock ticked by in a slow manner.

It had been almost six hours since Mr. Lush had sent you home, going on about rest and a series of meetings that would ensue; He would need you involved due to the fact that you were the only person to see how every Glamrock Gang member was malfunctioning.

Despite being awake for all of the night and most of the morning, you couldn't find the sleep your body needed to function properly.

And what had led to tossing and turning in your bed became sitting on the couch with your eyes glued to the computer screen.

Paragraph after paragraph, a new outrageous and horrifying fact after another, you had been filled to the brim with the terrible knowledge of the Freddy Fazbears company's history. Not to mention the weird fan base the animatronics had.

You wanted to forget half the things you saw when you came across those people.

For the third time, you glance at the clock, waiting patiently for anything. An email, a text, or some sort of form of communication from Mr. Lush that indicated you would be needed back there.

Realizing how many thoughts were consumed by your job, you shook your head trying to dispel them.

You had a life outside of there with people you care about and a home to take care of.

So with some time and forcing yourself to get ready, you had managed to get decently dressed and make a call to the local shop where your car had been camping out at.

It was high time you had gotten it back instead of having to Uber everywhere. After that, you knew groceries were needed.

After gathering a few things, you took a step outside.

When you had left the Mega Pizza Plex earlier, you had been so caught up in the events of your shift, that you hadn't even taken in how nice the day was.

Small clouds drifted lazily across the sky, the sun's warmth welcomed alongside with the slight breeze moving through the streets.

It had felt like forever since you noticed such a day.

Only a few stray people walked on the sidewalks surrounding the buildings that lined them. It was just the beginning of the afternoon, and the streets would become busier as people left work to grab a quick lunch with friends or colleagues.

You see a familiar car driving towards you, and the old man driving squinted before his face mirrors yours in surprise.

He rolls his window down, his eyebrows raised to his receding hairline as he laughed in disbelief.

"Well howdy again!"

"Hi Rudy," you greeted, smiling in greeting as you opened the door to the backseat.

Climbing in, you see his eyes crinkle. The way his wrinkles became more prominent as his gap-toothed smile tagged along.

There was something so familiar and comforting about him that you couldn't put your finger on, but you instead started talking to him to take your mind off things for a bit.

You had told him about your visit to Missy, and in return, he started telling stories of how he knew a young boy he used to visit.

The story was saddening, and he seemed to know the boy well.

He had gotten into some sort of freak accident, and his own father never seemed to go see him often. Just his sister and mother visited every day though.

Rudy sighed softly as he continued driving. "The poor thing. I know he couldn't even see me, let alone hear me talk to him for hours... I'm glad that little girl has someone to take care of her alongside her parents."