Chapter 20

Y/N POV

A deafening silence ensued as Freddy's ears drooped, his eyes dimmed and down casted. Never had you seen an animatronic appear so... sad.

His mouth opened and then closed again as he tried to find the words. You were given no answer though as his shoulders slumped in defeat. "Freddy, what's going on?"

You place a hand on his forearm, nodding your head in encouragement as he lifted his eyes to meet your gaze. "I am sorry, Y/N. I cannot give an answer that I do not have." Your face scrunched up in disbelief as you scanned his face for any sign of what might be a lie.

There wasn't any, because he looked as confused as you are.

"So, you do not know who Bon is?"

It was fleeting, but you caught the hesitation in his posture before he spoke. "I do not. Whatever I have said was simply a glitch with my voicebox."

You felt the twinge within your gut as you registered his words. He couldn't be lying, could he? Was it possible for robots to lie? You let her gaze rest on him as he blinked down at you, any uncertainty gone from his face.

Freddy wouldn't lie to you.

You exhaled, letting go of the breath you were holding as you felt your shoulders relax. "Okay. Now, let's get going. I wanna check up on whatever the janitorial robots have set up."

Like a puppy, he followed, his steps heavy behind you as you approached the 'Birthday Bash' area. It was a well-kept area for the most part as you inspected the rooms.

Each door had its assigned animatronic, where the cartoon face of one of the main Glamrock Gang members was plastered on. You assumed there was some sort of system of how these rooms work, but never cared to figure out they worked.

Catching sight of the rented out rooms you were supposed to decorate and handle during your shift, you watched two janitorial robots scurry out from the door, a small caution sign robot at their heels.

"Huh, they seem to be in a hurry," you murmur, a small smile tugging at your lips.

You had to give the robots some credit. They did a pretty decent job of setting up the basic decorations.

Running your finger tips run along the edges of the round tables, you hummed in approval as you took in the neatly placed table covers and center pieces.

Balloons were in bundles in the corner of the room. The colorful paper plates and plastic utensils set aside in a table by the farthest wall.

Everything looked in place, the chairs just needed to be placed in the right spots.

Freddy let's out a rumble, the faint click of his gears reminding you that he was still behind you.

Turning, you gesture for the bear to lean down. He complies, his electric blue eyes dimmed slightly.

"Do you want to assist me with chairs?" You ask, shrugging. "If it is to assist you, of course. I'd do anything to help, superstar."

You offered a smile in thanks, grabbing his large digit to lead him to the stacked pile of chairs.

Ignoring the small throb of pain as you gripped the chair, you handed it to Freddy. He shakes his head, and simply moves you aside.

To your surprise, he picks up the first stack with ease, walking over to the nearest table.

"How is... how is Missy?"

You look up in surprise. "Oh. Um, she's doing okay. I-I'm honestly surprised you remembered."