78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. What else can we do anyways." Sasha said, sitting beside Kaya.
.

Artur placed a tea cup on the table for Armin. "Would ya like some tea?"

Armin turned to him. "Thank you."
.

Connie turned to Faye, holding a cup. "Faye, could you use your Titan to bust us out of here?"

"No. Everyone in this room will die." Faye said and placed the cup on the table. "Who knows what Eren is thinking now..."

"I still can't believe he beat the shit out of you, Armin." Jean said, holding a cup and leaning on the wall.

Armin looked down and let out a sigh. "In his defence, I hit him first."

"Still, you did the right thing by hitting him, Armin." Jean said. "I still can't believe he would say something like that to Mik-"

"Stop." Mikasa said, looking down with a serious expression. "That's enough."

"But still, he hurt you, Mikasa." Jean said.

"Knock it off, Jean." Connie said with furrowed eyebrows. "The point is, he's now a bona fide piece of shit. He is so far off his rocker that he'd hurt the two people most important to him like it's nothing."

"But let's say he wasn't insane." Jean said. "In that case, he'd need a good reason to do all that. We might be able to figure out what he's thinking if we approach it from that angle."

"May be he wanted us to hate him..." Sasha said.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching them.

Yelena, Onyankopon and Griez approached them.

"Long time no see, heroes of Shiganshina." Yelena said, putting her fist on her chest. "It pains me that we must reunite in a place like this."

"Hey..." Connie said and stood up. He grabbed the bars and glared at them. "Are you one of them too? Let us out!"

"You locked me up and dragged me all over the place, and now you're mad that the tables have turned?" Onyankopon said in a monotonous voice. He looked down at them. "Just stay here and behave yourselves until Zeke and Eren meet each other."

"You son of a..." Jean said, approaching the bar. "Good for you, Yelena. It must be a great feeling to watch things go so smoothly. Eren's done everything you and Zeke wanted him to. He attacked Marley gained the support of the Eldian people, and used the spinal fluid wine to control the military. And now that you control Eldia and the power of the Founder, you can destroy Marley and avenge your homelands. That's the real reason you came to this island, isn't it?"

Onyankopon glanced at Yelena. "We developed the island. It was a full century behind the times."

"What?" Connie said angrily.

Nicolo stepped forward. "Only so you could live in comfort once you took over this place."

"You were decieved and you lost." Griez said in a mocking tone. "Nothing more, nothing less."

Nicolo furrowed his eyebrows. "Griez..." He grabbed one bar. "I see selling us out earned you a promotion to Yelena's lapdog. You traitorous snake!"

"Are you stupid?" Griez asked. "You're the one who sided with the demons and betrayed us, aren't you?" He stopped forward.

"What?" Nicolo asked.

"You can't even take your eyes away from that demonspawn potato chick behind you." Griez said.

Nicolo's eyes widened and he brought his hand forward to grab Griez but he backed off.

"I'll kill you!" Nicolo yelled.