Chapter 12 - Friendly Visit ~ Part 3

Sadie's POV -

-

Sadie fidgeted in the wooden chair she was currently sitting in. She knew she must have looked tense, for Paige grabbed her hand under the table.

"What's the news?" Millie asked, swishing some of her brown hair away from her face in the process.

Sadie mentally groaned, as she was going to be the one to tell her costar and bestie, and refused to glance at Paige.

"So... since you obviously aren't aware yet... Paige and I are— together now." She forced out the words to her closest Stranger Things costar friend.

Millie's brown eyes slightly widened, and she didn't say anything for a very long moment, during which Paige began breathing heavily perhaps from nerves.

"Does that mean you're lesbian or something?" was the first question, followed by more right after.

"Have you come out of the closet yet?! Have you ever said anything to your parents?! What are you guys planning to do, because I guarantee the fans will want to—"

Sadie interrupted her friend, and softly squeezed Paige's hand, taking note that the blonde haired girl was looking a little flushed at the steady flow of questions.

"No. No, no no! Our fans can't know about this! At least not yet! It'll be all over the internet in no time, Mills! You know that."

"Yeah, just like Jacob and I." Millie thoughtfully said seconds later. "But that was a couple years ago."

Paige looked slightly confused on what was happening, and Sadie couldn't blame her. She herself didn't know much about what went down with that affair.

"That was so 2017!"

Sadie rolled her eyes at her friend's gushes. Millie seemed to notice, and cleaned up her babbling.

"I'm so happy for the both of you! You guys seem to be very happy together."

"Thanks." was Paige's vague brittle answer, and she even offered a tight smile for a moment.

She was obviously still uncomfortable with the whole situation, so Sadie decided to pull her away.