Chapter 8 - (Cont.) - Sleeping Over ~ Part 2

Sadie's POV -

-

It must have been around 9pm when Sadie finally turned the TV off.

She looked over at Paige, who was seemingly comfortably curled into her side, her head resting on her shoulder. Sadie smiled to herself, somewhat secretly.

Rather reluctantly, she woke her friend up by nudging her side gently.

"We should get to bed."

Paige looked at her, and yawned, her blue eyes misty from sleepiness before registering what she had said.

Sadie led her upstairs, and into her room, and slid under the covers of her bed.

"Where should I sleep?"

The redhead patted the space beside her after shifting over, and Paige slid in next to her, letting out another yawn.

After a slight moment of hesitation, Sadie gently wrapped her arms around her friend, bringing her in closer, and was surprised when there wasn't any protest, so she began to run her fingers through the blonde strands absentmindedly.

"This feels wrong somehow." Paige mumbled after a few minutes. "Maybe we shouldn't be doing this."

"Be doing what?" Sadie halted her actions abruptly. 

"I don't think we should be..." Paige didn't need to go on. Sadie knew what she had intended to say.

"Yeah. I know. But it also feels strangely right." was all she said in return, letting out a small sigh.

Paige shrugged under the covers, not saying anything in response. Instead, she adjusted her position slightly, in the process pressing her back more firmly against the redheaded girl, making her pale cheeks flush in the darkness.

Sadie rested her head on Paige's shoulder, and could feel her heartbeat slow as the other girl drifted off to sleep at last, leaving her to let her mind wander until she also slipped into rest.

-
A/N -

I think I might just
do shortish chapters
from now on.
Sorry that you had
to wait so long for this :-:
my apologies!

~ Ally