Chapter 6 - Surprise Steps

Sadie's POV -

The rest of the evening was spent with Paige and Sadie exchanging looks across the table when they thought nobody else was looking.

Sadie caught herself blushing more than often, looking at the blonde girl's beautiful smile, and bright blue eyes that reminded her of an open sky.

"We should totally do this way more often, guys!" Finn said as they finished up at the tea shop at last.

"Hey, Paige! You should come over to my house!" Sadie said, shocking herself.

"Can I sleep over at your place too?" Mills asked, blinking her light brown eyes questioningly.

"Maybe it's just... a two person thing?" Gaten suggested a little poorly.

Paige looked shook for a second before she replied.

"Uh... yeah. I just have to notify my mom, and pack my things." she was twirling a piece of blonde hair around her fingers, and Sadie caught herself thinking it was... kind of... cute.

After a moment of standing there, Paige pulled out her phone, and Sadie knew she had to get her friends to leave the tea shop.

"See you guys tomorrow? Or in a few days?" She tried to keep her voice measured.

"Yeah. Bye, Sadie!" Noah was the first one to take the bait.

"Bye, Sadie!" Caleb followed suit, and soon all her costars had disappeared into the night.

Turning back to Paige, she saw that her newest friend was beaming.

"My mom said it's fine with her!"

Obviously, she was excited, and Sadie smiled, glad she was content.

"I'll walk with you to get your stuff if you—"

"That would be great!" The blonde cut her off, still smiling wide.

"Alright, then! Lead the way!"

-

Paige's place seemed cozy. Her apartment was snuggled in between two others on either side, and it was a decent size.

As Sadie stepped in after her, the first action the teenage girl took was to introduce her to her mother.

"Mom, this is Sadie Sink. She's Max in—"

"Stranger Things. Yes, I know! You never stop talking about it." Ms. Eversen chuckled.

She held out a hand, and Sadie shook it.

"It's nice to meet you. My daughter has talked a lot about you!"

Sadie smiled faintly in response, more anxious for Paige to get her things, so they could go.

"Stay here. I'll be right back!" The blonde haired girl then disappeared upstairs, leaving her awkwardly alone.

~

Minutes later, Paige thundered down the stairs, an overnight bag in hand.

Sadie told her the plan.

"So, I called my mom, and she's going to pick us up from your house. It's a long walk from here to my place, if you know what I mean."

The younger girl nodded vigorously in understanding before calling goodbye to her mother. Together, they stepped out onto the sidewalk to wait for their ride to appear.

It only took about twenty minutes before Sadie saw her mom pull to the curb, and she tugged on Paige's sleeve in excitement. She held the black car door open for the other girl after putting her things in the trunk, and didn't fail to notice the blush creeping onto Paige's face.

Sadie didn't waste a second deciding to sit in the back with Paige, giving up her usual shotgun seat that she insisted on. Clipping on their seatbelts, both girls thumbed up when her mom asked if they were ready to go.

-
A/N -
Finally, a longer chapter!
This time, from Sadie's mind!
Anyways, hope you enjoy it!
:D